who's regis philbin?

Guest touchofsable

Oh, he's just your basic washed-up actor turned TV talk show host.

>>> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005310/ <<<

Does a syndicated morning TV show every weekday morning and host a couple-few other game shows like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" (USA version.)

Occasionally, he'll MC things like the "Miss America" pagent.

Mostly he's just one of those people who are famous for being famous.

I never really thought much of him but if he's really a fur fan he gets a few more points in my book!

Despite what's in the article, I can't help but think that Regis always kept yelling out 'KATHY LEE, KATHY LEE' while he was doing her in that fur coat!!!

FLinFL

Well, he technically never even acted enough (if ever) to get washed up. He kinda started out as a talk-show side-kick on the old Joey Bishop show circa 1970sh....so I guess he's more of a washed up recycled talk show host. But he has been significantly more successful in his later career....

and how sad that I know all this.....

Like Zha Zha Gabor... Never really acted in a movie, never really did much else, either. Just appeared on TV shows, did a few bit parts/voiceovers in movies and shows but famous, none the less... "Famous for being famous".

There is the most famous Non-Personallity of all, Ed McMaion (sp.? like I care!) who's most famous lines are "Yes Jonny" and "I guess you're right Jonny" he repeated at lest a dozen times a night.

Also went on to Beauty Pagnents and the "Win a Million Dollars".

OFF

NOTHING wrong with the Gabor sisters...they wore plenty of fur in their time and I cant wait until Furpunk does them in his golden oldies section.

Who's Kathy Lee?

Regis' straight woman.

Always gave him lots of grief on air [as he rightly deserved] and word is she was even worse to him off screen.

At least Ed McM?? got respect for his a$$ kissing.

OFF

Zha Zha and Eva were hot in their day. Even now, to a certain extent, they still "got it", but in a different way. And, Yes! They know how to do fur!

Ed Mc Mahon has (had) Budweiser.

BTW: Wasn't Katly Lee also the "La-La Girl" on the TV show "Name that Tune"?

You are correct (in my ed mcmahon voice) worker!

yes kathie lee did do that la la singing on name that tune!

Good guess!