Video Game Furs

MrLynx

Back on Melody I tried to get folks interested in either a live game of Football [with those big fox sleeved coats] or at least a video game in furs. No takers though.

OFF

While it's only the mention of fur, in Ratchet and Clank 3 when you fight the Britney Spears-esque robot girl one of her taunts goes something along the lines of "You'd make a nice fur coat!" It's not fur, but it's the mention of fur. I guess that's a bit of a stretch though.

I've seen custom made avatars on games as well that could be made out to look like ladies in fur outfits as well. I can't recall where I saw them, how they came to be, or even which game they were in off the top of my head, just that I saw them and tried to look disinterested.

• 4 months later...

Tina Armstrong in Dead or Alive 2 wears a fur coat.:

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/11026/images/doa2guideendings_6.jpg

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/11026/images/doa2guideendings_5.jpg

In Timesplitters 2 there's a female character who wears a fur coat, though I don't remember her name.

There's the fur coats in The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff Pack.

In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas there are prostitutes in one area who wear brown fur jackets.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

I borrowed Sims 2 and the million eight games attached to it thus far from a friend.

If I were to say that I didn't make a woman who wore fur to be the sexual foil of the character I made to look like myself the very second I started playing the game I'd be lying.

I was pretty mesmerized by the rest of the game too, until little miss distraction came home and distracted me from my game.

There is the usual whizz bang of game characters having a go at it, let me say, and there is the kapow of being there when it happens to you personally.

Of course, I did go back to playing the Sims when she went to bed.

You know...

The enterprising person can create items for Sims. And, those items can affect the behaviour of the sim or sims using them.

For instance, you can make food for your sims and, when they eat it they gain strength. If you have "Party Pack" for your Sims, you know that there is an item called "Party Balloons". When you put them out in your sim's yard, other sims are attracted to your house for a party.

So... Why not create an item such as a fur coat. And, when they get near that item or when they use that item, the sim's mood is affected?

This IS doable!

It's doable, yes, though I likely won't be the one to do it.

It's not to say that I *can't* do it, just that anything in game that requires more than a few moments to do without some sort of pay off doesn't usually manage to keep my attention.

This coming from the guy who spent three days straight playing Diablo 2 and killing the same boss over and over again, Little Miss Distraction just wise-acred at me. Heh.

Let me know if anyone tries it out, maybe I'll do similar. Fur clad girls attracting men and women sounds found.

Well, you can make clothes for your sims if you have the right editing software or know how to hand-code usnig a text editor. And you can hack existing items to have new properties that they didn't originally have.

What if somebody took some pre-existing clothes, hacked them into a fur coat then gave the coat the proprties of the above mentioned party balloons?

Your sims buy a fur coat and, when they put it on, all their friends come over for a party!

That would be easier than engineering a fur coat from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...
Tina Armstrong in Dead or Alive 2 wears a fur coat.:

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/11026/images/doa2guideendings_6.jpg

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/11026/images/doa2guideendings_5.jpg

In Timesplitters 2 there's a female character who wears a fur coat, though I don't remember her name.

There's the fur coats in The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff Pack.

In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas there are prostitutes in one area who wear brown fur jackets.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Also Cate Archer wears fur-trimmed coats in both No One Lives Forever games. In the first one, it just appears to be a shearling collar, but in the second, she has a chinchilla-trimmed hoodie.

And Final Fantasy X has a sorceress with a brown fox neckline that lies impossibly low on her chest.*

There are some older games with fur. In Who Shot Johny Rock, the titular victim's girlfriend wears a fox stole when she hires you to find Rock's killer.

Battle Chess of course gives the queens ermine-trimmed gowns, but they are nowhere near as eleaborate, or skimpy. in the game as on the covers.

One of my favorites is the ending screen of the NES version of Shadowgate, where you see the princess in a gown with a white fur neckline.

For you importers, there is the Princess Maker series. Quite a few of the endings show outfits with fur, one of them is a bunny suit with a rabbit fur bikini.

*Which is nicely parodied in this strip from the webcomic Van Von Hunter: http://www.vanvonhunter.com/vvh75.html