Would you knowingly buy a used fur from a fellow fetishist?

Guest foxfan

First, I don't want to start a controversy! I also don't want to upset our friends who sell their furs in the marketplace. I just want to know what people think...maybe you can change my mind.

Would you buy a used fur from a fur fetishist? When you're buying a used coat from a non-fetishist, it is reasonable to expect that they only wore it over other clothes. When buying from a fetishist, they were probably naked in the coat, had lots of sex in the coat, and rubbed the fur against their private parts.

You know how we read on eBay descriptions about the "mysterious stains on the lining?" No mystery to us! I think we know what 90% of those are. And I love to bury my face in the soft fur...but don't like to think about where it may have been before me.

What do you think?

foxfan, you have raised a very, very good question! Unless he (She? Would I feel differently if the fetishist was a she?) could somehow convince me that the coat was worn only over clothes, and never used for fur play, I think I would think twice before I bought the fur.

Now, then - You didn't add the variable of whether or not the fur had been thoroughly cleaned before being sold. Would that not make a difference?

Edited by Guest

foxfan, you have raised a very, very good question! Unless he (She? Would I feel differently if the fetishist was a she?) could somehow convince me that the coat was worn only over clothes, and never used for fur play, I think I would think twice before I bought the fur.

Now, then - You didn't add the variable of whether or not the fur had been thoroughly cleaned before being sold. Would that not make a difference?

Wow, very important questions! If it were a "she," some may find it more erotic!

Regarding the cleaning...I guess I would have to be convinced that the cleaning process really CLEANED it. But that's just ignorance on my part speaking...I really don't know how they do it.

foxfan,

The cleaning process would definitely clean the fur.

As, for the lining. It is like a silk shirt, it will not really clean it. And, in many areas of the country, they do not clean the lining as a part of their service. Which really surprised me when I found out.

They recommend that the linings be replaced instead.

I personally would make the decision upon the trust you have in the seller. You never know what the history of a fur is, no matter who the owner, weather it is on ebay or from our marketplace.

So, would I buy a coat from say: Furbob or MissT? Absolutely! Because I trust them. They would never knowingly sell me something that was not truthfully explained.

If I did not know the seller, I would treat it exactly like an ebay seller with low feedback history. Probably not.

Linda

Why not?

It is no different than trusting anyone else on eBay, or via the local paper.

If the person is from the Den, the addtional knowledge of knowing how the seller talks about furs will give you an indication as to how the fur was teated. As for the stain issue..... they come in all shapes and sizes and not all from the same source.

That (linda's comment about replacing rather than cleaning) seems to me more like the fact that buying a car by parts is more expensive than buying one off the floor.

Another thing about a member and thoughts.... when we are able to transfer old posts from Melody, hopefully a topic where quite a few folks listed their furs will be transferred to the Favourites Forum. Within that topic you'll note that there are two kinds of furs: wear and play. The wording describes it all really.

So yes, if I had the money, their are a couple of blue foxes that would have been here by now *grin* because I know the fetishist and how the furs re treated from his listing, and this place (and melody).

Whether You would buy from a fur fetishist/lover... well, sorta like asking someone if they'd accept a cheque for $1,000,000 no strings attached. There's always going to be some imperfection or consequence.

When making the decision to buy a fur from a fellow fetishist, I would have to side with Linda in saying it depends on who the fur is coming from. Fox and I have been making many decisions together on what to buy and what not to buy. I would completely trust his judgement on wether or not to buy the garment from a fellow member here in the den because I have not yet gotten to know everyone as well as I would like. But also (I am always the skeptical one), as Mr. B said, when it comes down to it, how well do you actually know the person?

By the way Mr. B, I LOVE your signature pic!!!

It's easy, when you receive it, smell it a thoroughly ; if it stinks get it cleaned

God, did i really say that!

Eric... as with all second hand items, ask questions... and if a fellow member ask the RIGHT question.

And look at it this way..... Would I risk my name by selling to fellow fur fetishists a coat that was not as described? or had been used other than as manufactured?

Foxy: Thank you for the comments about the Signature. WEG Thought I was the only one who could see it *grin*

I have never had a stain on a used coat. I dont really mind is they have had sex in them and i bet most people have. however I wouldnt be happy if there were clearly semen stains and I hope the person selling would have the dignity to have it dry cleaned.

I bought one coat that belonged to Cher

No stains but a chanel lipstick in the pocket.

Now if it were a male abused coat it wants throwing away not selling....so that would go straight back. First thing I look for and so far so good. Check the pockets is what I always do.

From the other side of that question how many of us would sell there furs. I for one would want anyone having the furs I have played in...

Just my $.02...

FML

FLinFL

One of the first thing I learned on this site was that pockets are not just for keeping keys and lipstick in!

And, Piotr I noticed your wonderful signature, too!

I am just trying so hard to stay off the site and only make necessary posts!

Linda

I've bought hundreds of used furs over the years from a multitude of sources and have only found what I considered to be evidence of fur play on two coats. I think that we are very few in numbers, those of us that use fur for pleasure that is. Would I buy from a known fur lover? No. I Think of my furs in the female "gender" and knowing that some other guy had pleasured himself with it would ruin the aura, even if it wasn't visibly damaged.

I think this is a reasonable question whether the seller is a fur fan or not.

You are about to shell out $1,000 or more to purchase something. You deserve to know what condition the goods are in before you buy. It doesn't matter if it is a fur coat or an automobile. You have the right to know.

You could simply ask a question like, "How often was this fur worn?" You could lower your voice and ask, "Did you ever play with your fur coat?" It should be relatively simple to tell from the person's reaction to this line of questioning whether it had been played with. They probably wouldn't need to give you a verbal answer if you are an astute observer.

If both the buyer and the seller are fur fans this conversation would be more matter-of-fact. I would even go so far to say that the seller can even come right out and say, "...Never been played with..." (If that is, indeed, the case.) If it has been played with, the buyer can ask, "Have you always been careful when you played?" (Or, if you want to be more discreet, ask, "Has it been keep clean?" )

If you are both fur fetishers and you both know it, there should be no shame in asking those questions. I would even say that the conversation should be right up front.

One could even classify the furs as:

A "Show Fur" if it was only worn on occasion, for special occasions.

A "Daily-Wear Fur" if it was worn on a daily basis but only for going outside.

A "House Fur" if it was worn indoors but never played in.

A "Clean-Play Fur" if it was played in but the person was careful never to spill their DNA on it.

A "Play Fur" if it has seen DNA.

If I had a fur to sell and it had never been played in and it had never been cleaned and it had always been kept clean and treated with respect, I would tell the buyer that it was "Prisine".

Regardless of the seller's sexual proclivity. Regardless of whether the fur was played in... "Clean" or "Soiled", the buyer has the right to ask if the fur has been professionally cleaned. That question should be asked right out in the open. It's important to know.

And, whether you were buying a used fur or a used car, would you buy it from somebody you didn't trust?

Many years ago, I asked my wife if I can buy a used fur coat for her. She tells me no, you don't know where it has been.

The first fur coat I ever purchased was from (YES, THIS IS TRUE!!!) a female wrestler! No one famous, just one of the regional WWE wannabes. You know, I never thought about how it had been used - although she was kind enough to send along a couple of photos of her wearing the coat, one in the ring, one in action. After 10 years and a couple of new homes, I still haven't been able to find those pics.

FLinFL

Upon initially reading the first few posts in here, I was reluctant to post on this thread (because of the potential nature of the topic) but this seems to be going in a rather civilized manner, so I'll put in my two cents. As with a few of you, I'd have to be really convinced that it was cleaned prior to selling, and even then I might still replace the lining depending on how it looks.

As furnation mentioned:

"... it would ruin the aura, even if it wasn't visibly damaged."

That is what my decision on buying a fur influences. I stick to some kind of feeling I perceive when being attracted to a fur. Cannot explain. It is something in the visceral area whispering "Yes" or "No". I encountered "Nos" where I couldn't tell why, and kept those furs in question out of my home ...

So if there were no (felt) hints at a bloke's fur play, I wouldn't bother.

I believe a fur's aura contains the pleasures its former owner(esse) enjoyed having, wearing and showing it. After I received our tanuki coat bought on ebay I thanked the seller and complimented on the coat. She wrote she thought this coat being in the right place now. How right she still is! Her remark adds to my positive attitude towards the coat - its aura.

Pluto

Well, one thing is definitely obvious.

EVERYONE is implying that only males can be fur fetishists.

IS this true?

Guess - hope - females can be fur fetishists, too. Probably expressing their fetishism in another way than males do. Probably not.

I take for granted, discussion till now has aimed at knowing furs having been played with or in by males and one's (male's) attitude towards buying them.

Pluto

Well, one thing is definitely obvious.

EVERYONE is implying that only males can be fur fetishists.

IS this true?

My girlfriend will vote against this.