fraudulent eBay listing

Guest blowjob

The pictures speak for themselves. This is what real sea otter fur looks like.

https://www.dineegafurs.com/dineega_products

I know furs VERY WELL and I hate people who intentionally mislead other people in order to make a sale.

The seller of this jacket also knows fur VERY WELL. That is why it is outrageous that he would lie about what the fur is. Notice how he writes that the fur is SHEARED sea otter. Sea otter is never, ever sheared. Those pics prove definitively that the jacket is lined with mink. Any furrier who is not blind will instantly identify it as mink.

I have felt sea otter with my own hands and have seen it with my own eyes. I can definitely tell if a fur is sea otter or if it is mink. I am speaking from a position of knowledge (I would say authority but some people would think me arrogant if I said authority).

The pictures speak for themselves. This is what real sea otter fur looks like.

https://www.dineegafurs.com/dineega_products

I know furs VERY WELL and I hate people who intentionally mislead other people in order to make a sale.

The seller of this jacket also knows fur VERY WELL. That is why it is outrageous that he would lie about what the fur is. Notice how he writes that the fur is SHEARED sea otter. Sea otter is never, ever sheared. Those pics prove definitively that the jacket is lined with mink. Any furrier who is not blind will instantly identify it as mink.

I think Neo more meant he wanted you to provide proof that this seller is a member here. Otherwise there really is no point in posting this auction as it doesn't effect anyone here. Also there is no need to take these things so personally. So he made a mistake in his auction listing..big deal. It happens. Maybe he bought the fur years ago and he just forgot what the liner was made from. Maybe it was written incorrectly on an appraisal. And really what is the worst case scenario here? Someone buys a jacket that has mink but they think it's seal? Who really cares in the long run? I get that you are passionate about this sort of thing, but to place blame on someone else's shoulders for your pet peeve is just the wrong way to go about it. Whether he is a member or not, just leave him be. He's not a threat to anybody.

Very rich coming from someone who thinks a woman wearing fur in Beverly Hills is at risk of having paint or flour thrown on her. I live in Southern California. Things like that don't happen here. They might happen in New York City (although exceedingly rarely), but not here. SoCal is a place where people are very relaxed and the vast majority of people don't give a f**k about what other people are wearing or doing (as long as it isn't illegal). Your fear mongering shows how little you know SoCal and comes from a place of ignorance. It's the same as my saying that every white male in Georgia is like Brian Kemp even though I have never been to Georgia and don't know anyone from that state.

This is about truth in advertising. I am assuming, probably correctly, that the seller listed the fur as sea otter because he knows how rare, special, and exclusive sea otter is and doing so would lend an air of luxurious exclusivity to his listing. He knows the fur is mink, not sea otter so he lists the item as sheared sea otter to confuse unsuspecting buyers. After all, the vast majority of people have no idea what sea otter fur looks like up close in its natural unsheared state, much less sheared. People who are really familiar with fur can tell by looking at the very clear, very good photos taken with a digital camera that the fur is not sheared. There are thousands of mink coats for sale on eBay but it is extremely, extremely, extremely rare that any item made of sea otter fur appears for sale on the site. If you're looking to buy sea otter, that's what you should get. If you're looking to buy a diamond, you shouldn't get cubic zirconia because of dishonest labelling done intentionally.

Edited by Guest

Well that just proved my point. You went from 0-60 on me because I made a statement that was contrary to your argument. (Oh and that personal insult to me was a nice touch. Made me really believe that you have something against me, even though I've never done anything to you in my entire life that would deserve the kind of attention you give me). And for the record I have family that lives in SoCal too and they happen to know people who are anti fur within their circle of friends. The same thing can be said where I live in Chicago. By and large this city is a pretty tolerable place. But there are those who live and work on both sides of the spectrum. Look no further than the "Fur Free Friday" protests that happen all over the city on Black Friday every year. But 9 times out of 10 if I'm in my fox coat I'll get plenty of compliments. Hell my sister is anti fur. So is one of my best friends. She would never buy a fur for herself but she still supports me for my hobbies. You can accuse me of being ignorant all you want, but I can guarantee you that you will find people from all walks of life everywhere you go. Including right in your own backyard. Just consider this fact for a second....that fur ban in Los Angeles had to come from somewhere. It didn't just sprout up like a weed. Someone had to be mailing those letters to city hall and I would bet good money that it had to be the sub-population constituents of those city council members who consider themselves to be anti fur. Otherwise those elected officials wouldn't give a hoot about who was sending them hate mail.

Oh and if this is deliberate false advertising like you assume...then what exactly do you expect Neo to do about it? He's just a moderator here. It's not like he's going to go to eBay and give that guy a piece of his mind just because the auction bothers you. eBay is not his jurisdiction. And he's not your pit bull. More to the point, you have yet to provide proof that this guy is even a member here so it appears to me like your anger and temper is completely misplaced. Just let it go...this auction is not a personal attack against you.

I don't expect neo to do anything. I know he has no jurisdiction over eBay listings. I just wanted to show the members here that there are fraudulent listings on eBay. I only mentioned the seller is/was a member because I think he should know better since he is very experienced around furs. I've been a member of the furden since spring 2006, albeit under different profiles since I keep having my profiles deleted by overzealous moderators. The seller in question lives in the Pacific Northwest of the US and is a person who works in the architecture/construction business. I have read many, many of his posts. He used to get Carhartt jackets lined with fur from used fur coats that he bought online, usually from eBay. He would take the jackets to Ace of Suedes and have the labor done there. I won't name his profile name here but I've provided more than enough information for anyone to look up his posts in the archives and identify him from those posts using the information I provided. I am not trying to slander/libel this person. I only want to point out a specific act of probable deception.