Content unavailable

Guest CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

I thought Beverly Hills was one of the towns in California that instituted a fur ban? Wouldn't t they have to comply with the city ordinance of the greater Los Angeles area?

Well that is what I was originally thinking, but the "Explore Beverly Hills" app lists at least 3 furriers directly in Beverly Hills which I was very excited to see. I think at this time the fur ban is only in West Hollywood, and further on in San Francisco.

Well you scored a lucky break if that's the case. Still....it's best to not take any needless chances while you're out there. Maybe instead of draping yourself in a full length fox or lynx, just stick with a couple of accents like some fur trimmed gloves, a hat and a scarf or something to test the waters on that first night you are out there. If you see more furs while you are out and about then I think you've got a green light to make some bolder choices during the rest of your trip.

Still...it's best to be careful.

Well that is what I was originally thinking, but the "Explore Beverly Hills" app lists at least 3 furriers directly in Beverly Hills which I was very excited to see. I think at this time the fur ban is only in West Hollywood, and further on in San Francisco.

Well you scored a lucky break if that's the case. Still....it's best to not take any needless chances while you're out there. Maybe instead of draping yourself in a full length fox or lynx, just stick with a couple of accents like some fur trimmed gloves, a hat and a scarf or something to test the waters on that first night you are out there. If you see more furs while you are out and about then I think you've got a green light to make some bolder choices during the rest of your trip.

Still...it's best to be careful.

As a fan of capitalistic blonde, I can't believe you'd tell this beautiful goddess to not go all out with the fur! If you're going to Beverly hills how can you not bring that full length fur Hollywood glamour

Because most people in Hollywood are Pro animal rights and are staunchly Anti-Fur. It's just how it's been for the last 30 years despite the fact that most people in the entertainment industry wear fur, Hollywood itself is radically different. Especially among those in the greater LA area. Capitalistic Blonde I would seriously exercise caution because you don't want someone to dump paint or flour all over you. If it can happen to the Kardashians then it can happen to anyone.

Glad you'll be in SoCal wearing your furs during the holidays! We can definitely use some lovely fur wearing ladies like you around here. I believe the fur ban is in West Hollywood and now LA. I'm glad you were able to find 3 furriers in Beverly Hills though. I think I've been to one in LA. I hope you do wear your furs out proudly, you should be fine. You could also hit up Maximilian in Bloomingdales and Sak's Fur Salon in Sherman Oaks and Century City malls. Hope you report back on your experiences there. When are you visiting?

Hollywood celebrities love dressing up and flaunting their wealth and furs. When asked by a silly celebrity worshipping struggling journalist asks in disbelief if what they is wearing is real fur?

The political savvy very busy party girl will assure them of course not, please put in your write up that it is faux fur, I would never wear real fur. Now here are some gifts for you ,please don’t mention that , but do continue to write more favorable stories and reviews about me. Don’t forget the invites I am sending to you for some exclusive parties. Just st make sure to keep up with my Twitter account for more positive stuff. Remember to caption pictures as faux fur. Thank you Darling,,,my driver will make sure you are well fed and taken care of.

It's Southern California, for God's sake. Anyone wearing fur will not get paint or flour thrown on them. All this fear-mongering is to be expected from someone who blindly believes anything a furrier who is trying to make a sale tells him (prime example: these blue fox pelts come from a fur farm near Naples, Italy). They say a sucker is born every minute.

<>

This is such a gross generalization. Unless you have polled the vast majority of Hollywood residents, how on earth can you make such a sweeping generalization? Let me guess, you watch Fox News, listen to AM shock jock radio, visit conservative websites, and vote Republican.

<>

This is such a gross generalization. Unless you have polled the vast majority of Hollywood residents, how on earth can you make such a sweeping generalization? Let me guess, you watch Fox News, listen to AM shock jock radio, visit conservative websites, and vote Republican.

Nope. I'm actually a liberal democrat and I have been voting democrat since the 2004 election. I fail to see what politics has anything to do with any of this though. I'm not sure where this attitude of yours has suddenly sprung up from...but you have got one too many bugs crawling up your shorts at the moment. Just take a breather and calm down. maybe go to sleep and see if you feel better in the morning?

Well, I apologize to you for mistakenly assuming that you were a right-leaning Republican. However, your advice to the original poster to be careful about wearing a lot of fur while walking around Beverly Hills struck me as having the tone of unreasonable fear-mongering based on ignorance. I know there are many people in the American South who disapprove of homosexuality but I would never advise someone who asked if it would be a good idea to hold hands while out in public with his boyfriend while the two are visiting Atlanta to NOT hold hands just based on my very limited knowledge of people in the South (plus the fact that I have never been to Atlanta).