Happy B'day Madison

nycfur

Very interesting how the more one feathers a silver fox, you can get some very interesting and lighter styles out of it. This one has been done particularly evenly and well, suggesting I think that very full pelts were used to start with.

Right, Lynxette. If you can find a nice mix between full pelts and a feathering technique that still looks full, then it's a perfect blend of appearance and comfort.

And so many women today want furs to weigh basically nothing, which is quite difficult with fox, coyote, etc. Personally, i do want my furs to have weight to them, but this is in my experience a bit atypical

And so many women today want furs to weigh basically nothing, which is quite difficult with fox, coyote, etc.
This is the tragedy of the modern fur industry. As an example, I have seen beaver pelts fleshed (scraped) so thin that the hair roots were showing on the leather side of the pelts. People just do not realize that pelt leather that is thin dries out so very much faster than thicker leather. And once dried out the pelts disintegrate.

And I think even if they do realize this, they do not care, as fur has become a cheaper, throw away item, like so much else in our lives today.