Any regrets from your fur collection?

pnwChill

Just wondering if anybody here has any regrets from your fur collection from what you've bought and sold through out the years?

Mine was selling the full length spotted fox coat about 5 years ago when money was a bit tighter. Reflecting back now, we could have made things work and kept it. It wasn't the softest coat in the collection but was definitely the most elegant, sumptuous, prestine and immaculate piece of luxury in the collection.

Been in search for a replacement ever since and have not come across one that has meet its standards.

I used to have several mink coats and jackets, many with fox or finn raccoon trim that I have since traded or sold to add more fox fur coats, finn raccoons, etc. No regrets about getting rid of mink. It is simply not thick and fluffy enough for my standards. I bought them originally for summer wear, but now I own lighter fox jackets for this purpose, and I am much happier.

not buying a chinchilla coat for roughly ~$100 (because i already have a racoon and a rabbit, and they're difficult enough to care), a blue fox jacket for $50 (i bought my x360 in cash that period), a light brown full length rabbit (i was unemployed already), and a faux borgana full length (i like to collect borg coats lol); buying an ollegro that didn't fit me well (but that collar tho)

Early in our dating, I bought my now wife a f/l coyote. Unfortunately, the coyote wasn't in the greatest condition and it was enough of a turn off for her not to have anything to do with coyote fur ever again. She loves fox (huge silver strollers) and lynx all day here now, but absolutely refuses to try on a coyote.

I bought a white fox coat that I don't love.

rush buy?

I thought it was something I liked; Saga style creamy white fox coat (not sure how else to describe it), but then I rarely wear that one piece. I wear all my other furs a lot.

I thought it was something I liked; Saga style creamy white fox coat (not sure how else to describe it), but then I rarely wear that one piece. I wear all my other furs a lot.

at least in your case, reselling is an option hah

Perhaps, (I this could have been true with the spotted fox we had) that you have to be very careful outside of the house not to get it dirty. Especially with a full length coat AND white, any major walk outdoors would lend itself to some dirt towards the bottom.

at least in your case, reselling is an option hah

This is true, Red Fox, and with a big markup of course!

Ok I take it back. I didn't think I loved my white fox fur coat because I had only worn it once or twice. After writing on this thread I decided to take a look at it and decide what it goes with best for clothes style. I thought if I wear it on my shoulders it is very pretty as a cape with a long gown, and I thought it looked very cute worn as a coat with a short flirty dress, something with an A-line skirt, above the knee. So today I wore it out and about shopping, worn with a little black dress, above the knee, A-line skirt, and crystal encrusted champagne coloured T strap heels. It looked so cute! I had two gushing compliments on it while I was out (I was out about 2 1/2 hours). I really loved how creamy white it is, it is a beautiful colour and soooo soft! I'm really excited to wear it again! I'll try to post a photo soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a follow-up question from the subject matter - what do you lot do with unwanted furs? I can't really imagine everyone here hustling on eBay or conveniently being able to offload to the friendly neighborhood furrier.

not buying a chinchilla coat for roughly ~$100 (because i already have a racoon and a rabbit, and they're difficult enough to care), a blue fox jacket for $50 (i bought my x360 in cash that period), a light brown full length rabbit (i was unemployed already), and a faux borgana full length (i like to collect borg coats lol); buying an ollegro that didn't fit me well (but that collar tho)

Ah so you must be the one buying all the borgana coats I've had my eyes on at eBay. How are they? Mind sharing your collection?

I struggle with this a lot, at least where I currently live. I live in a pretty warm place. I've bought gorgeous fox furs in the past from eBay and others, only to later resell them. I look at the purchases both practically and financially. Obviously living in a warm place it's not practical to own such a fur. And while I've gotten some good deals, it's always in the back of my mind that the money could be better placed in an index mutual fund for long term gains.

Whenever I do move to an area with a colder and more varied climate, I'll probably be less resistant.

My only regret is that I wish I put a little more forethought into starting a collection of these kind of things. when I first started buying furs I kind of had an idea of how much they cost, but I didn't realize there would be an additional burden when it comes to the space that would be required, the amount of maintenance and upkeep this collection would need, how to properly care for them and make sure they are in a cool/stable environment. None of this occurred to me at first and its a hard thing to get a handle on sometimes. So I wish I did a little more earnest research and preparation for my collection during those early months. I probably would have really benefited from that.

All my regrets are for not having bought certain fur coats in the past. There was an awesome red fox fur coat with a massive collar that was about 900 Euros back in 2008. I gave it a long and hard thought, which took 2 or 3 days. When I decided to buy it and went online, I found out that it had already been sold 2 hours ago! It was a massive letdown for me. There has been a couple of such incidents which led me to my current philosophy: If you like something so much, then just go ahead and get it!

I struggle with this a lot, at least where I currently live. I live in a pretty warm place. I've bought gorgeous fox furs in the past from eBay and others, only to later resell them. I look at the purchases both practically and financially. Obviously living in a warm place it's not practical to own such a fur. And while I've gotten some good deals, it's always in the back of my mind that the money could be better placed in an index mutual fund for long term gains.

Whenever I do move to an area with a colder and more varied climate, I'll probably be less resistant.

So it looks like you do tread the eBay path. That sounds like quite a burden.

But I hope you're not guilting yourself over leisure money if we dropped all expenditures not 100% necessary to live, we wouldn't be very happy.

Hilo, HI

Holy mackerel. That is a rather interesting place to own furs. You definitely don't have a friendly neighborhood furrier, do you...? I imagine cold storage is all the more important to you.

All my regrets are for not having bought certain fur coats in the past. There was an awesome red fox fur coat with a massive collar that was about 900 Euros back in 2008. I gave it a long and hard thought, which took 2 or 3 days. When I decided to buy it and went online, I found out that it had already been sold 2 hours ago! It was a massive letdown for me. There has been a couple of such incidents which led me to my current philosophy: If you like something so much, then just go ahead and get it!

I prefer to have buyers remorse in those cases.

So it looks like you do tread the eBay path. That sounds like quite a burden.

But I hope you're not guilting yourself over leisure money if we dropped all expenditures not 100% necessary to live, we wouldn't be very happy.

Yeah, there are definitely a few eBay sellers that I check on pretty regularly.

I do spend money on leisure in other ways, but for now, I can't financially and pragmatically justify buying furs while I live here.

Holy mackerel. That is a rather interesting place to own furs. You definitely don't have a friendly neighborhood furrier, do you...? I imagine cold storage is all the more important to you.

Nope, none at all. That's another reason why I can't really justify it. I wouldn't be able to properly take care of them in the long haul.

Diverging a little bit from the subject matter (but keeping with the thread about logistical problems), this Instagram user from Thailand mentions that she has ~200 coats.

And it seems she has the misfortune of attracting a lot of undue attention probably from our lot...

EVERYONE ask me "How many fur coat do you have ?"...I don't know because I don't count them I guess around 200. And I really don't care how much do I have I just love them and I keep them , that's it. SO please stop keep asking me.

And STOP ask me to wear fur coat and take pictures then send to you. WTH ? You guys know where I live , THAILAND and it ALWAYS damn warm here all year. I'm not crazy to wear fur everyday take pictures and I usually busy all the time. I have my own life, I don't have time to reply messages from you guys everyday every question. .

Unless she's very wealthy, not sure how she would manage to care for that many coats properly.

Early in our dating, I bought my now wife a f/l coyote. Unfortunately, the coyote wasn't in the greatest condition and it was enough of a turn off for her not to have anything to do with coyote fur ever again. She loves fox (huge silver strollers) and lynx all day here now, but absolutely refuses to try on a coyote.

When I sell furs directly I always ask if the item they buy is a present for a lady and if it's the first one. Wrong fur or bad quality can fu** up and block someones mind on fur. I found out the hard way how that works...

When I sell furs directly I always ask if the item they buy is a present for a lady and if it's the first one. Wrong fur or bad quality can fu** up and block someones mind on fur. I found out the hard way how that works...

Yes, totally agree with you. All I know is there is no drug or liquor strong enough on this planet to persuade her to try on a coyote. Even if it were brand new and trimmed with white fox, she just won’t touch it.