Classic Movie: The Mad Miss Manton - Furs Galore

Fuzzy Lover

I am a new member on The Fur Den and signed up just to tell you about this great classic film with more furs than any other movie I know of. I am a big classic movie fan (having about 900 in my collection) and one of my favorites is The Mad Miss Manton because of the furs. This gem is loaded with pretty ladies in furs and I mean loaded.

It shown from time to time on cable and satalite classic movie channels and it is available in VHS format from Amazon and other places.

If you have seen it or when you do, please post your comments.

The Mad Miss Manton (1938)

Genre: Comedy / Mystery / Romance

STARRING

Barbara Stanwyck

Henry Fonda

PLOT

Madcap debutante Melsa Manton finds a body in a deserted house. Of course, the police don't believe her. Stung by Peter Ames's front page editorial decrying her "prank," Melsa enlists seven fellow debs to help her investigate. The wisecracking young ladies proceed to run circles around the police, the suspects, and the press.

Edit by White... This additional info on the movie here has now been added to our information in our movies area.

Thanks Mr B for message below.

Welcome to the Den, Fuzzy Lover.

Now the bad news *grin* Umm we Know about "Mad Miss Manton"... her movie is listed in "Our Favorite Things" Forum, in the Movie topic. Maybe you could go through your collection of movies and add any flicks that we may have missed.

As White Fox says, please read the CoC/rules about what is/is not allowed within this forumand sit back and have fun.

Life is too short not to enjoy fur.

Fuzzylover,

First of all; greetings to you.

Second, don't mention the Mad Miss Manton; i used to have a copy and taped over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot get it in Region 2 format. A lot of good movies are unavailable in Region 2 format.

I am a great fan of the classic movies with lots of fur - The Awful Truth is amazing. I love Irene Dunne.

I cannot get it in Region 2 format. A lot of good movies are unavailable in Region 2 format.

Time to invest in a multi-region DVD player perhaps? You can pick one up for as little as

Hi Bob23,

I have thought about it, but people tell me they aren't particularly good; very basic. Do you or any of our European members own one and if so, tell me what they think.

Sorry, i don't want to make my problem sound worse, but there is the fact that a lot of them are on Region One VHS tape and sellers want big bucks for them. There was one today for $70 (around

Welcome, Fuzzy Lover, to The Fur Den!!

Know that you're among friends. We look forward to seeing you here often, and look forward to reading your many contributions!

Hi Bob23,

I have thought about it, but people tell me they aren't particularly good; very basic. Do you or any of our European members own one and if so, tell me what they think.

Sorry, i don't want to make my problem sound worse, but there is the fact that a lot of them are on Region One VHS tape and sellers want big bucks for them. There was one today for $70 (around

Indeed Fuzzy Lover it is great to have you as a new member here. I am glad that you finally got on.

Folks Fuzzy is one of the few new members who by times have problems getting into the site due to email filters or technical problems but we finally got him going ok.

Welcome aboard!

W