• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neoJaguar

• lynxette

• AKcoyote

• fourrureclub

Usually wouldn't ask this...

Are there good den alternatives already out there?

FourrureClub lasts since year 2000, the blog part of the website recently opened an english section (see here : http://www.fourrureclub.com/en/) and the site also hosts an english speaking discussion board (here : http://www.fourrureclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28). Also half of the 4415 members is non-french speaking, and further updates on the forum will grant a larger place to those non-french furlovers, with more functionnalities than what it is right now, including social-networks-like functions.

Appart from that, no, there's no place on the internet for furlovers...

Fourrureclub is not updated very often with new vidéos like FFG in the past .

I'm dreaming ! Don't you know that the content of a discussion board is brought by its members ? Complaining about the fact that others don't post what you are seeking leads exactly to what many (now closed) forums have known : less and less content, no one daring to post anything. The principle of a forum is the following : come and subscribe, read what you love, and post what you want to share, that's it...

Fourrureclub is the only furlovers website proposing only members photos, mostly never seen on other galleries. It's the only furlovers website that had real meetings in real life, no one succeedeed to do that...

Fourrureclub is not updated very often with new vidéos like FFG in the past .

Considering we aren't a site for 'content' that would be a reason. Most people upload to other sites for the 'fetish' side of things, and youtube for the rest.

We were here for free with costs to only us to keep this running for people to complain about the lack of 'updates'. This reason, among others, is the key of why I'm shutting down the site. I took over as a favor to only leave on complaints.

FFG was the same thing, but they had paid content available as well until it bombed out.

People want something for free, and complain about the free thing. We then wonder why these sites keep closing...

As a last resort,i can put up a simple forum like the one i had for a brief time. Note me a month before it goes dark to migrate users.

I guess we could then use sites like imagebam to share pics.

• 4 weeks later...
As a last resort,i can put up a simple forum like the one i had for a brief time. Note me a month before it goes dark to migrate users.

I guess we could then use sites like imagebam to share pics.

Whenever I click on one of those imagebam links I can't see the image but instead see horrible ads. What about using instagram or pinterest to post your fur images? Pinterest would be a good option, and gives you easy code to post the photos to forums and other places on the web.

Check out my fur board on Pinterest for an idea of how this works; it shows you a preview, then you can click follow on the bottom to go through to the actual board or click the images to see the image full size. You can also post single photos to a forum: https://www.pinterest.com/blonde_ism/fur-glamour/

(I receive no benefit for posting this link, I am posting it so you can find an option, so please no disparaging comments.)

Thank you for the post, but not sure what you mean by no disparaging remarks, as none have been directed toward you that I am aware CB. I love Pinterest for collecting fur pics and it is a great source.

Yes it would, and I really wish I knew the mechanics of site maintenance and perhaps I would give it a go. I have been looking for sources on how to do so, as this has really got me thinking. Time I have, know how not so much.

Honestly it's really not a whole lot. I just hadn't had the time to really put in any work for it. All the sponsors have expired, and donations were slim. Even though the site isn't super super costly - it still costs something.

I quit my job - so depending on how ad revenue is, and if we can get any sponsorships I might keep it kicking. Just sucks having all of 2 people helping with the site. AK didn't want to be an admin anymore, and Punisher is on at random like I am. So keeping it moderated, and clean has been kind of up to everyone else here.

Super stressed about bills currently so I haven't been on pretty much at all. So thanks to all who have helped with reporting, and whatnot.

We shall see what the future holds.

The site is hosted at GoDaddy. You can check their website http://godaddy.com for prices, but the basic 1 year rate for domain registration and hosting is about $87. There are options that will increase the price and some multi-year discounts, so the actual price will vary.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's an update.

I've decided to keep the site going. We've had a couple of people give a few donations that alone will keep the site for another year.

With the extra I'm going to update the chat. With updating the chat I'm also going to update the site in general as far as the board version, and addons. Addons include the posting of links in the text box so you don't have to add the image code, and it will just appear. Same with stuff for twitter, instagram, etc.

So big site overhaul on the backend. Going to update the advertising terms, and simplify it. So for those who want to be Sponsors you'll have two tiers. High, and Low. High will be $100 for banner space, in post advertising, your fancy purple bold title for your name, and really anything within reason. Low will be the same minus the banner at $50. Will be good for one year.

In regards to the chat - The one I'm looking into has a 'pay per view' option of it so those of our members in the fetish side want to do private shows for people can benefit from it. Better messaging, and video/audio options for those who are brave enough to do that.

I've had a suggestion of opening a Discord server for the site (free audio chat type deal) but I'm not sure about that.

With all of that being said - I would HIGHLY appreciate anyone who wants to volunteer time to the site as far as being a moderator. Running this place is mostly auto-pilot, but stuff does get by. Making sure photos are in the right area for the gallery - stuff like that.

I have put the donate button back so those who are generous enough to want to help feel free. It's greatly appreciated.

If anyone has any other suggestions for changes they'd like to see, new forum spots for other conversations to be made, etc. Anything - throw it in the suggestions area, or message me directly if you don't want to attach your name to it.