Why the high price

Love for fur

Ok, so what's special about this garment they sell? It's over 10 000 £/$/€.

I'm pretty sure that a retailer could sell this coat at that price but these auctions from this seller usually never ends up higher than 2500 for in my opinion equally nice coats. So am I missing something here or is just (minimum) two people very willing to buy this coat?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PLATINUM-FOX-FUR-LONG-COAT-CLAS-CHINCHILLA-RUSSIAN-SABLE-MINK-SILVER-JACKET-LYNX-/382260592859?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Cheers

That is an insanely high price for that coat. I can with almost certainty say that I could get that same coat custom made at my local furrier for less.

Looking at the bid history, I'd hazard a guess the winning bidder has accidentally stuck in a bid of GBP25,000 instead of GBP2,500 - why someone has then come along and placed 16 consecutive bids to drive the price up from 2,850 to 11,050 in the last hour or so of the listing seems incredibly strange

I've seen this kind of weird bidding pattern many times with this seller. I suspect them of bidding on their own items, driving the prices up. I doubt anyone has bought the coat, and I would t be surprised if you see it re-listed.

I've seen this kind of weird bidding pattern many times with this seller. I suspect them of bidding on their own items, driving the prices up. I doubt anyone has bought the coat, and I would t be surprised if you see it re-listed.

You're absolutely right...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PLATINUM-FOX-FUR-LONG-COAT-CLAS-CHINCHILLA-RUSSIAN-SABLE-MINK-SILVER-JACKET-LYNX/372125595545?hash=item56a469f799:g:sqEAAOSwyGZZ70-M

You're absolutely right...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PLATINUM-FOX-FUR-LONG-COAT-CLAS-CHINCHILLA-RUSSIAN-SABLE-MINK-SILVER-JACKET-LYNX/372125595545?hash=item56a469f799:g:sqEAAOSwyGZZ70-M

Woah. The tag spamming is a mess.

At least the starting price is reasonable this time.

I agree...it will show up again in a few days to be resold. Many of the eBay furriers do this repeatedly. I am not sure if it is exactly shill bidding, which is against eBay policy, or not, but there is something strange that goes on at many of the sellers, as all the furs that show up again after being "sold" cannot be returns.

I have also suspected this seller of bidding on their own coats. But I think they make identical coats, if one style sells at a high price a very similar coat will be up for biding in a few days after the auction. I have bought a coat and seen the same one for sale a week later, same photos. The platinum fox that sold for that crazy price is a mistake or the seller is bidding themselves to drive up the price and interest. Like having a lineup for a half empty nightclub. My opinion

I have been watching many of there auctions and I agree that the final sale price is decent. having said that I too believe they are bidding on there own items. I think if I do decide to bid (want to get a sable for my wife) I will put in a max bid around what I have seen previous similar items have sold for. Like anything else you have to do your home work.

I agree with the fact that they may be making new replacements for some furs, but most of their coats that show up repeatedly are listed as used, so they cannot be replaced by new.

All I can say is that I enjoy the pictures and they are quite popular on Tumblr. I have never attempted to purchase anything from them. Also note that some Chinese eBay sellers are starting to use the same pictures in marketing their garments as well.