How soft is Silver Fox Fur?

furjosh

Hiya everyone,

I'm pretty new to being able to afford and buy real fur products, only owning some fox cuffs and a pretty crappy blue fox coat i found on ebay for around £60. So i was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with silver fox fur with me to help me decide whether i want to invest in these Silver Fox Elbow Length Gloves I found on ebay for around £270 (bit of a step up in price for me so i want to know what im paying for).

Thank you - Josh

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Superior-Silver-Fox-Fur-Handmade-Trending-Massive-Elbow-Mittens-Gloves/182726680374?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D46661%26meid%3D0c8a07c3307a40b599c2f1f9de2019e5%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D182647695325&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%253Ae3d71dbb-94a5-11e7-9581-74dbd180565f%257Cparentrq%253A61fdf5ac15e0a9c446b42bb3ffff2180%257Ciid%253A1

Those gloves look amazing! I have never seen any that long before.

Where do you live? My advice would be to visit a furrier. We can all try to describe what different furs feel like, which we prefer and why, but everyone is different and what matters is what you like. The only way to find out is to experience it for yourself. And it is better to try before you buy, especially if money is tight.

I have stated this before and it bears repeating - the softness of most furs, especially fox varieties, varies with the quality of the pelts. As elbas3175 stated, you need to visit one or more furriers and see for yourself. Silver fox tends to be more expensive than other fox varieties as silver foxes do not reproduce as quickly as some other foxes.

In my opinion, based solely on the silver fox items I have seen, silver fox tends to be a bit less soft than other varieties such as shadow, red, or blue. However it is one of the best looking varieties when made into garments and accessories.

I have one coat which is made of the belly part of a silverfox. I bought it from the owner of fursluts who ived in Rotterdam. The coat has been in a few clips. Not sure if that makes it for me more softer/sexier lol. To be honest that coat feels very nice and soft. The colour is more brownish. The backside of the silverfox is most used in coats, the silver long hairs feel often a bit rough. At least that is my experience.

I agree with AKcoyote.silver fox is indeed one of the better looking foxes out there.The way the light catches it is beautiful.It isnt in my opinion as soft as blue fox or something like indigo or crystal.Those mitts do look nice I admit but for another 200 GBP you could probably buy a jacket for that if you looked hard enough and was patient.

I think it also depends upon one's own definition of soft. Silver fox is much hairier than say blue fox, and thus has a different feel. I for one enjoy wrapping up in one of my huge silver foxes more than my blues though, as they have so much movement in the wind.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a pair of the SAGA black Fox Mittens from this vendor. They are very soft. Softer than the Silver Fox would be. The Silver Fox are definitely eye catching but so are the black ones and you get the softness with the looks. It’s just what you value the most....looks vs softness , I guess.