Is it confirmation bias or are today's furriers perhaps keeping tabs?

maktak

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-FOX-FUR-SWINGER-COAT-CLASS-CHINCHILLA-SABLE-MINK-SILVER-LONG-JACKET-PONCHO-/371998501098?hash=item569cd6a8ea:g:fIcAAOSwi8VZVp6Y

This coat is absolutely ridiculous! I'm constantly pining after furs of this volume and suddenly one appears on a Saturday night. Is this a coincidence (e.g. maybe some furriers see a market for this after all)? Not sure how "in" this bulkiness is in any country.

That collar and sleeves, so thick and looks fluffy...OMG

It would be almost the same as the coat which Cruella wore in the animation if the coat is in creamy white fox fur

The coat says its only a size large to XL in a womens so its actually not that big around on the inside. I think its either that the woman wearing it is either really small or its just that the wildness of the fox fur and the size of the collar in relation to the person wearing it is throwing all of us off. Perhaps its both. There is no way a size 14-16 coat looks that large on someone unless that person is really petite.

The coat says its only a size large to XL in a womens so its actually not that big around on the inside. I think its either that the woman wearing it is either really small or its just that the wildness of the fox fur and the size of the collar in relation to the person wearing it is throwing all of us off. Perhaps its both. There is no way a size 14-16 coat looks that large on someone unless that person is really petite.

Good point. I cannot gauge the model, but that collar definitely disproportionately attracted my attention. Blocking it out makes it seem to me that the rest of the coat isn't abnormally big, but there's still a lot of it.

Good point. I cannot gauge the model, but that collar definitely disproportionately attracted my attention. Blocking it out makes it seem to me that the rest of the coat isn't abnormally big, but there's still a lot of it.

Dramatic collars, shoulders and sleeves will tend to do that. Case in point: My new blue fox is a mens 50 which according to my local salon is around a 6x or so but it looks nowhere near as dramatic as the one listed in this auction thanks to this jacket's embellishments.

But I definitely see merit to your original point. I spend too much time on Pinterest and Tumblr and from my perspective it seems like oversized, dramatic full length foxes seem to be getting top billing at the moment. They are more popular than ever.

It is hard to tell if the model is really small/petite..

Shes beautiful no doubt, but the fur is massive on her as if its equivilent to a 2x or 3x mens size.

It is hard to tell if the model is really small/petite..

Shes beautiful no doubt, but the fur is massive on her as if its equivilent to a 2x or 3x mens size.

It's definitely not that large. a 2x or 3x in a men's is the equivalent to a 22/24 or a 24/26 in a ladies or 52"-56" respectively. But according to the measurements listed in this auction, this jacket has a bust of 110 cm (43") to 120cm (47") which places it at a womens 14-16

I sent a question to the seller inquiring about the softness of the garment, but she never got back to me. Does anybody know? Would this be softer like a higher quality blue fox? Or perhaps a bit coarser, like coyote?

I would not expect this fur to be silky soft like blue fox. But it really depends on the type of cross fox you are talking about. Cross fox is usually the end result of pairing between two different species of fox. For instance, a breeder will take a golden fox and an arctic fox and when the kits are born some of them will have the color designation of a "Golden Island shadow fox". Eventually the animal grows up and the skins are ready to be harvested. In the case of this jacket, I would hazard a guess that this is a result of the pairing between a silver fox and some sub-species of red fox. Whether they chose wild red fox, cherry red or natural red I have no idea. But I would expect that this fox jacket would be more akin to silver fox where its texture and coarseness is concerned. It may have the predominant red color associated with the red fox species, but it has the longer hair that is usually associated with a silver fox parent.

Edited by Guest

In my opinion as a woman, these furs are not really as large as they advertise them to be. This coat is barely 60cm armpit to armpit, which might be a l/xl if you are 5'2 and 100lbs, but even for a woman 5'6 and 130lbs, which imho is much more average for most NA or many European women today, it would not fit as generously as shown here. This is also why their prices are relatively low, as it saves on skins. Plus labor in Poland is less.

The golden island fox i have from them does have a very large/wide collar. From what I can see the coat is as huge as the pics make it look. If they make a similar coat in silver fox I will definitely be doing some serious bidding

The golden island fox i have from them does have a very large/wide collar. From what I can see the coat is as huge as the pics make it look. If they make a similar coat in silver fox I will definitely be doing some serious bidding

Did you nab either of the 2 recent golden island foxes?? By which I mean

A) s-l1600.jpg

or B) s-l1600.jpg

because if either of these lived up to your expectations of size, that would be really fantastic news.

[attachment=0]3615b366f9483381fe99996a03869038.jpg[/attachment] This is a size M. The coats in the pics you posted were size large, if I remember correctly.

The models all seem to be the same size, maybe the only difference is height. So in my opinion they are huge, similar to coats from the 80's

• 3 weeks later...

Yes that coat looks big but remember, it's still only an large/extra large in a women's. And remember too that european sizes are sized a bit bigger than their American and U.K. counterparts. So unless you are 5ft. 6" and weigh a petite 110 lbs or so, then this coat will not fit you in the same way it fits this model.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...