do u ever get jealous of other peoples furs

Guest jennyfurlover

okay i have been around a while and i own 6 fox fur coats. I have bought them all over the years and i am quite fortunate enough to be able to afford all of the furs. Now one thing i have noticed is that other people mostly women will always be jealous of you. One time at an opera i remember i was wearing my full length golden island fox fur coat and the women i was sitting next to could not stop looking at it the whole entire night. I remember she whispered to her husband you better buy me a fur coat next christmas. And other times when i wear them women all over will always be jealous of my furs. Women will always stop and ask hey can i try on youre fur. I mean i absoutely love my furs i swear there is nothing better then showing up in one of my fox fur coats and i will always be the life of the party. So do u think it is normal to get jealous of other peoples furs

The only instances I can think of where I have ever been jealous of another person's fur coat were during the period of my life when I wasn't wearing fur as of yet. Since I started wearing fur, very rarely do I ever find myself envious of another persons coat when I see one-- especially if I'm wearing fur myself at that same moment in time. However if I'm not wearing a fur to a specific event and I see someone else wearing fur, then in those instances I'll feel a tinge of regret because I never brought my own fur and I should have.

My answer is yes. I'm not exactly well off and can't justify having any particular budget for furs. So if someone else casually parades a multi-thousand-dollar coat before me, I'm going to be jealous!

No, when I see someone with a really good looking fur coat I am not jealous. I am really happy that they have a fur coat that I got to see! The more furs I get to see the better.

At this point in my life, I'm not jealous of peoples' furs. But being that I live in the tropics at the moment, I'm jealous of people that live in regions that get cold enough to justify owning furs.

#FirstWorldProblems :P

No, I'm not jealous. I've got a number of furs that for me represents abundance.

Others, though, mainly women have exhibited lust for my furs (but not me). I once encountered a woman in the local supermarket who couldn't get enough of touching my full-length coyote coat. A year later I met the same woman and her daughter selling Christmas trees to raise money for seniors at the high school. "Do you remember me?" she asked. "I fell in love with that coat when we met at Hannaford last year over by the bananas." Again, she - and her daughter - had to fondle the arms of the coat.

• 1 month later...

Yes I am very jealous when I see very rich Russian's stepping of their large private jets in their floor length sables and bellies lynx's with chauffeured Rolls waiting on the tarmac to whisk them away to one of their luxurious fully staffed residence's,, also have great respect for their extravagant style and elegance.

I like to see furs out on the street. It makes me happy to see that there are other fur wearers out there. I might admire someone's fur coat, or want to touch it, but I'm not often jealous.

Hell yes jealous lol. I had a teacher that had a black fox fur jacket and matching she'd wear to school. She let the girls try it on but no me. I have a heap of fur now and the collection is still going but when I see a lovely woman in a huge fur I get a bit jealous.

• 3 weeks later...

Not at all, to the contrary I always find it a pleasant surprise! I love the look ,style and attitude of fur as much as the feel so I feel lucky just to see others enjoying.

No jealousy here. But when I see someone in a drop-dead gorgeous fur, I admire it and sometimes walk up to the person and compliment them. This is what often happens to my wife and me when we wear our furs.

Not to be too esoteric guys, but the word you are looking for in this context is envious or envy, not jealous or jealousy. One is envious of something possessed by another, but jealous of one's own possessions or traits at the risk of losing them. Now, as to the question at hand, I can remember as a young girl feeling a great longing for having my own fur coat when I would see someone else wearing one on a cold winter day, but the word envy connotes a sense of wanting to dispossess the other of what is rightfully theirs. I can honestly say this was not the case for me, and in reading the posts above, it does not really seem to be what others were or are feeling either. Having a desire for something that one sees, or longing to have one too, is not the same thing as wanting to take away from another what they have, which would in fact be the mortal sin of envy.

I am not jealous or envious. I must be vain as I REALLY do not look good in the furs that I love so I am still happy to see others enjoying furs. OH WELL....

Not to be too esoteric guys, but the word you are looking for in this context is envious or envy, not jealous or jealousy. One is envious of something possessed by another, but jealous of one's own possessions or traits at the risk of losing them. Now, as to the question at hand, I can remember as a young girl feeling a great longing for having my own fur coat when I would see someone else wearing one on a cold winter day, but the word envy connotes a sense of wanting to dispossess the other of what is rightfully theirs. I can honestly say this was not the case for me, and in reading the posts above, it does not really seem to be what others were or are feeling either. Having a desire for something that one sees, or longing to have one too, is not the same thing as wanting to take away from another what they have, which would in fact be the mortal sin of envy.

Thanks Lynxette! Always good to have native speakers around.

So my wife should become jealous of another woman in a fur coat, since I become envious of her coat.

• 2 months later...