My secret love of fur

allfurme

After reading TouchofSable's response to one of my posts - to encourage my friends to appreciate fur i thought about it.

To be honest i quite enjoy having my love of fur as "my little secret".

I wonder how others feel? (TouchofSable i know what yours is!!! but feel free to comment)

Im very open about it and I just dont associate with anyone who doesnt like fur or leather. I included leather sense so many animal rights terroists bitch about leather also.

Everyone I hang out with are into fur and we dont put up with anti fur crap/propaganda.

I divide all the people I know into several circles of knowledge.

Family and close friends know everything.

Well known neighbors and people who visit our house know that we are "avid collectors" but don't know the extent

Acaquaintances and coworkers know we collect but not the extent.

Anybody else doesn't need to know.

The only person I know that I've told about my love of fur in person is a close friend of mine who also posts here.

My best friend might have some idea that I like fur however, but I've never told him outright.

My love of fur is secret since my childhood. I can't reveal my appreciation in my social context. A male student in Germany with more or less alternative friends isn't expected to love women in and the touch of furs. My girlfriend isn't loving fur. And not all of my friends won't accept differing sexual desires, as they aren't pc.

This winter, the appartment-mate of my girlfriend was given a mink-jacket from some friend in russia. She didn't wear it in Germany, cause it's not very common in my town. My girlfriend had a more or less anti-fur point of view, so I played only the tolerant towards furs.

Episodes like this are typical for my live.

A fur-loving girlfriend seems to be a really hard catch.

I know my desire and can't live it out.

And the money, of course.

Im very open about it and I just dont associate with anyone who doesnt like fur or leather. I included leather sense so many animal rights terroists bitch about leather also.

Everyone I hang out with are into fur and we dont put up with anti fur crap/propaganda.

Right on!

Anyone who knows me knows about my love of furs since I never (EVER) try to hide it. Were you to walk into my bedroom any day of the year (well apart from today; I'm moving and all my furs are packed up for the big trip westward ) you would find my collection of furs hanging in the closet, draped carefully over a chair, or draped less carefully on me.

I love them, I wear them, and I could care less if anyone out there finds anything "wrong" with it. To date I've only had a few friends say anything negative about it in fact, and their 'facts' were blown out of the water by my counter-arguments. If worse ever came to worse with a stranger, I'd just have to beat them up. *laughs*

In fact, the only people who don't know I like fur have yet to meet me.

Kate

I started wearing my jackets early last spring and throughthis winter as I would normally wear any jacket anywhere.

I figured if anyone wanted to know they could ask. No one did but I have gotten alot of totally unexpected compliments.

As I redecorate myhouse I'm making no effort to modify what I want and that includes fur everywhere.

If they can't figure itoutor is of any concern to them? It's another intelligence and sensitivity test.

OFF

It's another intelligence and sensitivity test.

A SHIBOLETH of sorts.

I have many little shiboleths I use to vette people every day. I'll be honest. If you know me at all, you have probably passed about a dozen little tests.

It could be something as simple as answering a question in a certian way. It could be as complex as putting a person in a situation and seeing how they react. Sometimes it's so subtle I might not even realize I'm doing it, myself.

To be brutally honest, anybody on this forum who knows me well has passed at least one test. I'm sorry if it seems crude or underhanded but it's true. For a person who has a collection the extent I have, you can't be too careful. I have taken more than just a little criticism for it.

I was introduced to my new boss (he's not that "new" now - he's been with us for over a year now) something like this - "He's better known as fur man." And the person who said it didn't say it maliciously. It's just a part of me that everyone in my office realizes and, in some cases, even understands. I love fur. It's not a complicated issue. You have things you are drawn to. I have mine.

Not that I don't have my detractors. There is one woman in my office who went to management about my fur wallpaper and screensaver on my desktop before. When I was told about it and was asked to remove them from my computer, I refused, saying that there was nothing objectionable about either one of them, and if I was pushed on the matter further, I would involve my attorney. I never heard anything more about it. That was the old management. She tried again with my new boss, who told her that he had already seen my wallpaper and slideshow, and didn't see anything wrong with it. He went on to ask her why she was trying to get me into trouble. I doubt that she will ever give me a problem about my fur again. 8)

I went on for years hiding my love for fur. It was a source of great angst for me. I am so happy that it is no longer hidden.

I don't hide it, per se. I just keep the information on a "need to know" basis.

Most people just don't need to know.

I have to say I dont know any antis any more. They have all changed their minds. Most people I know are pro fur and if they domnt wear it its because they dont feel its for them, or are nervous of wearing it. We have ahuge social circle and theres never been any proble. Whic makes me think that its not the issue people think it is apart from among communities where all such status symbols are despised. I dont know anybody who is mega anti hunting either; though a few who are mildly not .

But probably my "community" is a bit special.....very posh, very working class too , and also very rural friends. Also very alternative friends who are by nature tolerant usually.

I tend to keep clear of Labour Party and hippies and urban middle class.

Have lots of russian, russian, Irish, czech, french swiss etc friends and even lots of people who are into WWF etc...they dont see fur as an issue.

I love it hwen you get a girl whio tries fur on for the first time and melt ecstatically inyo the luxury they have been denied.

everyone that knows me, or runs into me enough, knows that i most always wear fur, unless it is swelteringly hot. even then there might be a bit of fur in my hair.

it is no secret for me, the love of fur... and i defend this love openly.

I have to say that I am in the 'need-to-know' camp as well. As far as friends and family are concerned, it's my secret.

When I lived in NJ, I just dated women who I knew wore furs. Telling them is easy - they already wear furs themselves. However, one of the issues with living in FL is that while most people don't have any objection to fur, it's far to warm down here for people to wear furs to work, or out while running errands etc.

FLinFL