New furs

Quirky

Should there be a sticky topic for members to announce and show their new furs?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a sticky topic for members to announce and show their new furs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Quirky,

Your post should probably have been placed in the "Suggestions, Feedback, And Your Questions Answered" forum in "The Information Zone" section of these forums.

However I will let this topic stay in the Den forum for now. I am curious what others will think of the suggestion.

Don't have to use my post but I have a suggestion to make a sticky thread for people to show their new fur purchases.

I like this idea, willing to share as well.

Eh if you add up the number of members it could at least happen 1-5 times every other month or so. Some places do lay away payments for furs and there's more than one way to buy furs. You can show off new or newish real furs all the same.

I only make about one fur purchase a year for accessories I buy for myself. I haven't bought a single new coat for myself since 2012. And furs that I buy to flip are usually purchased 3-4 times a year but I can't do that this year because I am trying to earn money for a trip to Alaska next year. My only available option is to sell the remaining inventory that I have and see how much money I have saved up.

Doesn't matter how often it is. The only fact is it will be there for posting...idk why you're trying to be "anti new fur sticky?"

The final decision on this matter is up to neoJaguar as he is the site owner.

I am not against the idea, but as others have pointed out, it could become an infrequently updated topic, and thus not really worth having as a sticky.

Members who have acquired a new fur are always welcome to start a new topic to brag about their latest acquisition.

Make a poll. If people don't care if a sticky exists, then have at it.

Good idea! I have modified Quirky's first post in this topic to add the poll.

It may seem like a good idea in theory, but speaking from personal experience it's not going to work. I tried making a sticky thread like this once on FFG about 5-6 years ago, and it worked great....for about a month. Then the fur season was over and no one was buying any furs anymore and all activity on that topic had ground to a complete halt. Eventually the thread was completely removed after cookie decided to overhaul the site.

It may seem like a good idea in theory, but speaking from personal experience it's not going to work.
A point worth considering.

I was just thinking. Dose it have to be NEW furs. how about furs you already have in your collection?
It could be a "Show us your furs - new or old" topic. While I cannot modify the existing poll without destroying existing votes, please comment on this additional suggestion.

I'm with Panther10 on this.Done before and failed.

Not all members know how to post their pictures on to the forum.

Create a folder "My furs" or "Members furs" in the gallery,i think the french team has it that way.

Create a folder "My furs" or "Members furs" in the gallery,i think the french team has it that way.

How are people going to notice if you posted something? Just write it here?

How are people going to notice if you posted something? Just write it here?
You can always start a new topic, or if we setup a sticky as originally proposed in this thread add it there.

from the way the poll sits I'm going to make a thread called "Show us your furs - new or old"

if it bombs - it can be unstickied, but the people have spoken.

If you are lucky, you might see up to 12-13 pages of responses if this turns out to be a healthy fur season for most of us. After that and the season of spring hits....zilch

Keep in mind this is a best case scenario. Don't expect this thread to remain for longer than a couple of months

from the way the poll sits I'm going to make a thread called "Show us your furs - new or old"

Listen to voters and ignore the experts,how trendy.

Reminds me of biggest mistake called Brexit.

Listen to voters and ignore the experts,how trendy.

Reminds me of biggest mistake called Brexit.

I'm a man of the people