Store visit today :)

WinnipegFur

Hadn't worn my coyote parka in a while and noticed a small tear... I was wearing the coat this morning and called a local furrier to see if they could fix it immediately as I was wearing it.. no problem!! Got there and met by friendly couple who owns the store... let me try on anything I wanted while I was there... I think most of the coats I tried on were actually others there for repair but they didn't seem to mind.. so got to try on a fee raccoons.. mink with crystal fox coat.. silver fox hats... I ended up buying coyote ear muffs and a pair of coyote mitts lined with sheared beaver... all they said was we love your coat.. you must be so warm!! Definitely will go back there... very friendly!

That sounds like a pleasent experience. I'm also due a visit to a furrier, since one of the cuffs is a little torn off and the lining needs to be replaced.

I hope they are as friendly as yours! What was the raccoon like? I imagine it a little coarser than most of the foxes.

I own a few raccoons.. the fur is course for sure, live beaver... the one coat is from the 80s when they made fur coats with massive collars.. this one literally goes to the top of my head and half my face is wrapped in fur!! The fur also gets in my ears which is quite nice

I wore my full length red fox coat today... I went for a nice 40 minute walk this morning in a city park.. I was a nice morning for sure.. wrapped in a massive full length fox coat and hat for 3.5 hours this morning.. unfortunately when I got home I discovered my favorite coat has 2 massive rips in the back.. I am so disappointed.. I took it to the furrier today and was told it is not repairable as the pelts have rotted... I took a good look myself too and the pelts are super thin... A good thing is when I took the red fox in I took my full length silver fox in and that is repairable

I love massive collars! The black fox collar of my grey dyed blue fox coat is huge as well!

That does sound like a nice morning, too bad about the non repairable furs though!