Serious, Your Furs after your death

Guest beautifulfurs.com

This topic may upset a few of you but lets get real. Have any of you planned for what will happen to your furs or fur collection in case you died?

I had to face this after Nov and all my hospital trips and for all you know you could have a heart attack, stroke, car wreck and die, so have any of you have any plans or instructions set up for your final wishes?

For me I had it added into my will on who I want to get my furs when my time comes, so have any of you even thought of any plans for your furs when the sand runs out for you.

I have a feeling most of you havent ever thought about this situation but you may want to. It never hurts having a back up plan.

Hello,

It's a good point and I hope it or my reply doesn't offend anyone (although I appreciate that some of you who have recently lost someone close might find this theme uncomfortable).

You can't take them with you so I guess you either include them in your will or part with them as the moment draws near (if you are able to plan/predict it). Taking the emotion out of the issue, I'm not sure what sort of inheritance tax might be placed on the transfer of furs to a relative or friend after the event so if possible it might be best to try and part with most of ones furs beforehand. Depending on your relationship with the recipient of the furs, you may be able to give them the furs in good time and then just borrow them back. Maybe if you want to cover yourself legally you'll need to arrange some sort of notional contract of ownership/lending but the lawyers among us might know more about that. I guess though that you should obviously make the recipient aware of what's coming their way though. I know a couple of fur fans with several hundred furs each; while I'm sure that I'm not in their wills I would like some warning in case someone left me with so many furs as a going-away present.

For those of you who don't have anyone close, perhaps you can donate them to a charity, company or other body? I wonder if you could leave them to a furrier to resell or even to a virtual body like the Fur Den, to make use of your furs in some way (donations to other members or use in photoshoots)?

Regards,

Mr Mockle

I've got two neices that I plan on leaving the majority of my furs to when I go (everyone else has allergies to the fur but me! ). Still got to work out the will and living will too, though. It is on the list of things to do, as I don't want the state to get my things.

Actually its really nice that a new generation of younger women are inheriting some nice furs.....and arent so afraid to wear them.

I remember one lady in my town had a lively silver fox. Her grandaughter has now been wearing it; I had heard she had died recently.

But be careful who you leave them to....its nicer to think they will be appreciated rather than sold for peanuts on ebay by people who supposedly object to fur but dodnt mind the money.

I liked mt mockles idea of a furden "furbank" for photoshoots. That way the person kind of lives on where their furs will be respected.

If you, Miss T, or others here in the US* have any questions on wills, trusts, living wills, powers of attorneys, etc. please feel free to pm me. After all, that's what I do...

FLinFL

*I limit this to the US because as much as laws vary from state to state in this country, the vary even more between countries. I simply do not know anything about the laws in the UK or any other country.

Teddy Bears live longer than people do. My wife and I discussed this on our honeymoon, actually.

We spent our honeymoon at a Moravian villiage. Part of the tour took us to "God's Acre". (Moravian Cemetery. Quite an interesting place.) On the walk back from God's Acre we discussed where the Bears would live after we're gone.

The main problem is that the Bears are a family, now, and they don't want to be broken up. But they may have to be. There are too many of them for all but the most dedicated Arctophiles to take care of as a single unit. (Yes, that's the word for "Teddy Bear Collector".)

With over 1,000 Teddy Bears in our family, it's going to be virtually impossible to get any one person to take them all. We hope that Melanie's two nieces will each be able to share them but they are young, now. They love the Bears now but, when they grow up, their attitudes may change. The Bears do NOT want to live with ANYBODY who does not appreciate them! This is why the Bears are not willed to anybody right now. If they are willed to somebody young we are afraid that they will be stuffed into a closet and forgotten when that person grows up.

That, having been said, is the reason why we are looking for a Teddy Bear Museum that will take such a huge collection as a memorial donation. The problem is that such a large influx of fur is likely to be a burden on a small organization.

The idea of a memorial foundation comes to mind but the money and legal expertise eludes us both.

Im glad to see a lot of input on this subject matter.

Even though it wasnt a normal or very happy topic, Its something I had to face and wondered if any of you had thought of.

I do hope that many of you thought about this and may have made plans for the future for a "just in case".

Well my son has no interest in fur and i would be dead, so maybe he could sell them on Ebay (where else) and make some money.

Sorry to be so brutally truthful

Well my son has no interest in fur and i would be dead, so maybe he could sell them on Ebay (where else) and make some money.

Sorry to be so brutally truthful

YOU AREN'T. YOU WILL DO A LOT OF PLEASURE TO OTHERS FUR LOVERS!!!!

I present an alternative method in a recent story "Estate Auction".

I am doing some minor editing and a second chapter when I thought of this thread.

Go to my literotica story site.

Been thinking of this since I'm not a spring chicken but with a 95 year old mother in good health and a favoite aunt just having died at 95 I'm not too concerned about keeling over very soon.

Besides things are getting even more interesting now!

But then I might get hit by an Ambulance walking to work!

OFF

A fur lined casket! That is SO cool! 8)

My wife and I discussed this issue, too. No Bears in the casket!

They can sit in the casket during the wake but, when the casket is closed, all Bears must come out! No discussion on this point!