Troubled Times

voxadicted

Actually, I think the next generation is already showing promising signs for the future. Last winter I saw more fur vests than ever before. Granted many of these are fake, but not all. Fur vests and accessories are great entry level purchases for women who don't yet have the income levels for more expensive purchases. As we all know, millennials live at home longer and take longer to get their careers going these days. Many of us did this in our twenties too, until we got tired of having 4 roommates and drinking cheap beer all the time.

I think popular culture is definitely trending towards real fur. I really don't know why people keep up with celebrities, but some do and this will have an influence on consumer tastes and style.

To all the millennial chicks out there, keep working hard. Go ahead and wear those fake fur vests. When you're ready to pass the cheap beer aisle and go for a nice bottle of Cabernet, you'll be ready for to start exploring the other benefits of success, like a new mink jacket! Fake fur and cold arms will be a distant memory!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/05/fashion/fur-is-back-in-fashion-and-debate.html?_r=0

Fur will probably be very in this year. My wife used to not wear it out as much in the past, but she told me the other day that she will be wearing it out all the time this winter, so lets hope!

I don't believe for a second that Millennials aren't responding to the fur trade as much as previous generations have. It seems like every time I discover a new tumblr account, pinterest page or facebook page dedicated to fur fashion I see mostly young women and men ages 18-34 wearing a fur coat, jacket or accessory. And new pictures are pretty much added daily so any poll or survey that might suggest that Millennials tend to be more skewed to being anti-fur than pro fur is pure bull!

As someone in the younger generation, I'd say the reason the numbers don't reflect the real world is likely partly because of 2nd hand purchases and hand me downs. We've got two fur coats that were purchased 2nd hand from eBay, for example.