What can we do to attract more people

voxadicted

This question comes to mind as I've been posting in several social networks and I see many people liking and even interacting when it comes to fur.

I believe sometimes we get a little in a "fur getho" because we are ashamed of our passion and fur love. But the truth is that outside this forum and others, there is a world of fur lovers who don't know yet they love fur.

I read an article this year at the Daily Mail on "realfur" hastags on instagram that brought fur fashion to the spotlight. But I'm asking you guys to use your creativity to bring more people to like fur and to share this wonderfull passion with us all.

While it's true that I'm sure there are more fur lovers out there that are just looking for an avenue to express their interest, I'm not sure that this website will be the likeliest of places that they'll flock to (sorry to say.) I'd say most of the younger generation of fur lovers will go to websites like Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook since those are the trendy sites and they can reach millions of followers all at once. Our corner of the web is a little more isolated...a little more hidden. If people find us then we'll welcome them with open arms...but I don't think we'll be able to compete with other websites.

OK, lets take this as a broader question... how do we attract more people to love fur... from there to end up joining us... (if we are 10% of the entire population of fur lovers in the world then... the more there are...)...

I'm not sure what direction you'd like me to be offering people there Bernie.

Not every one is going to like my decisions on things, and I've let a lot more slide as far as what can be posted goes versus the previous management. I've had no complaints about that.

People online are going to be different because they have their shield of anonymity behind that screen which will make them more crude, or whatever the case may be. There isn't much I can do about that other than warn people, and make them disappear if it continues.

R&D is no longer a thing. No one wanted to contribute after the initial few things got settled so I have since closed it all off. We have a suggestion forum for peoples thoughts that seldom gets used as well.

The site will stay alive, but honestly over the past 7-8 months I severely doubt it will be me running it forever. Advertisements have got it going for a while so money is no longer really an issue for the site. There was no reason to run a forum on a dedicated server so the cost factor has decreased quite a lot. Everything is running stable, and we have unlimited space/bandwidth. I've enhanced the forums with extensions that people wanted, and given everyone the free reign of doing what they want as long as it's legal, and in the right sections.

Past that - I don't know what else you want from me.

If anyone is interested in taking over all of it - send me a PM. I'll gladly talk to you about it.

Suggestion forum has been open since the site was created. If people have ideas then they can go there.

My time isn't necessarily short - it's just becoming more of a nuisance than anything. With a new job starting next week I'll have a bit less time to deal with it.

To counter your 'bluntness' - I've dealt with everything that has been presented to me since I took over. The site - although it may not show it - gets enough views, and ad revenue to get by.

If someone has an idea to make this place better - by all means I'm listening. People can't keep living in the past when WF, and the rest were in charge. That management has nothing to do with me.

I enlisted 5-8 people for the R&D - and what happened? It fell apart. You left twice on various rants about how things are being run. Why should I listen to you again just for you to run off again?

I'm listening to opinions, and ideas. If anyone else has any - I'm all ears.

I'd say most of the younger generation of fur lovers will go to websites like Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook since those are the trendy sites and they can reach millions of followers all at once.

Well that's true, but what's also true is that you can create pages on those websites, and I'm talking about FurDen accounts, and "younger generation of fur lovers" may actually find the said pages, resulting in maybe more people finding out our little comunity. I don't know, that's just my idea.

It's simple... Comunity needs to be alive... Users are the forum not mods and admin... Admin and mods should have a user named ADMIN and MOD so there is no one behind just the forum police. Rules are good here and I like how people behave excluding me. We can create an awsome comunity if we all put just a bit of energy in it... If the topics are 4 pages long it means they are interesting and that will pull people to get involved... We can't just wait for someone to make a 50 pages long theme in adult area...

Just out of curiouskty, how popular is this site? Like how many unique visitors and such. And thanks for keeping up the hard/thankless work, neo.

Just out of curiouskty, how popular is this site? Like how many unique visitors and such. And thanks for keeping up the hard/thankless work, neo.

Roughly 5k pageviews a day. That includes bots, and whatnot... I'll have to dig to get the actual number.

I didn't return to start arguments with you. You've managed that all on your own.

No one started arguing until you decided to show up for round 3.

Sure it was your idea to start R&D, and headhunt. I didn't sign up to do all of that. I run everything behind the scenes.

I did try to keep R&D going, but no one came forth to help with anything I had proposed. So it went way of the dodo.

The ad revenue would have been there regardless of policy, so don't think you gained the site money based on that. You helped solidify it sure, but were not the sole purpose of the reason we gained it.

I'll be quite frank - You are nothing but trouble, and I really hope you take your leave for a third, and final time.

Admin and mods should have a user named ADMIN and MOD so there is no one behind just the forum police.

That already exists. Only admins are AK, and I. Mods have their own titles. You can see who is who by clicking Members at the top of the page.

I'll say this - I have never shut a door to anyone who has had an idea for this site. I took Bernies ideas and ran with them even when some didn't think it would be a good idea. R&D was her idea, and it was useful. It got us a bunch of rules that no one reads, and an advertising policy that again, no one really reads. It also created the "Fashion Zone" which I believe Marcel keeps running now.

When I took over I had NOTHING except the old site, and tried to breathe new life into it. So yeah I took all the ideas that were coming my way because I'm not a creative sort. To those that helped - thank you. It is what it is today because of you.

Some wanted me to turn this into a whole different idea and whole different site. I wasn't about that. My only purpose was to keep this site alive because that was Johns last wish for me to do. That is all I am worried about doing. You all make or break this site, and when it breaks I will shut it down or pass it on to someone else.

Until that day - I welcome ALL users to chime in on what we can do to fix this as I cannot do it alone.

I would say that if you intend to help here you have an umbrella at hand for the shit will fall on you in due course.
That's not a fair or accurate comment. The experience is completely what you make of it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one the irony is lost on that there's some not-so-fantastic back and forth going on in an thread discussing how to both attract more people and/or organically grow it. If you want to discuss further aspects with neo, a PM chat might be the better forum

(and as I know the both of you reasonably well, I'm taking the position of Switzerland on this)

Admin and mods should have a user named ADMIN and MOD so there is no one behind just the forum police.

That already exists. Only admins are AK, and I. Mods have their own titles. You can see who is who by clicking Members at the top of the page.

No it does not.

What he ment is there is no user behind the admin or mod.It just says moderator not Marcel in my profile.

I kind of like it.

Most of people i tried to recruit,do not have the fetish view.

Why not split the work with FFG.

Only fashion stuff here and only adult stuff there.

At the end of the day I think it's more important for someone who might be interested in furs to eventually make their way from pinterest, facebook or tumblr to a fur retailer website or ebay or one of their local fur salons if they have one. Buying a fur coat does the greatest good for the fur community. Talking about fur can only offer so much but it's not sustainable for the fur industry.

That point has its merits but also its down sides. It would cut activity down on this site by probably half. That might not be a bad thing, but I think along with it would go most of the advertising revenue which comes largely from the fetish section as I recall, so the site might fall into a state of being financially non-viable unless donations could carry the shortfall. I have no idea what the state of donations is but previously it wasn't very high and not enough to cover the bills, hence the advertising policy being introduced.

If the fetish element were moved "elsewhere" I'm certain a large proportion of the harassment issues would go with it. However where you have fur you will find a fetishist and redirecting them, or educating them into a right way of thinking will be a constant job.

The matter of separation was touched on by R&D but never developed far enough to come to any conclusion about how the furden could tackle the issue. But it's certainly worthy of discussion for what my opinion is worth.

There must be a lot of furriers what can advertise here both english and russian.

I know many that are spending and saving up for new ones on Elsafur.

Have we asked them?

If we go to pure fashion,then it would attract more.

What was R&D?

A group of people who planned for the future.

I thought it was some code for something other than Research and Development.

During the NTCWEB days in the late 90s, it was one of only a handful of fur sites on the internet. Over the years, sites have come and gone; the clientele has changed in its taste. Looking at things from an adult perspective, nothing is off limits and everything is easy to obtain today. Viewing a hard to find jpeg of a lusty woman in fox over a 56k modem was a treat. Now, you have a whole industry that can custom make whatever you want, whenever you want. People used to scan in magazine clippings of models in furs, today I can connect to a Pinterest page that holds a thousand fur images of higher quality in about twenty seconds via my smartphone or tablet.

I think one day that the site will have to make a choice of keeping adult themed stuff or "going straight".

Honestly I'm annoyed. Maybe this is going to be (ironically) too aggressive and get censored. But I have no fucking idea what anyone could have to be mad about here! Like I really don't understand what issue you could possibly run into with these mods! They are great. They address harassment, and dont mess with anything else! That is a perfect job. I have completely without reservation expressed my opinions on this forum with absolutely no problem, and even moreso, support. So uf you dont have anything nice to say, shut up! Sorry to be so agressive, this unappreciativeness really gets on my nerves. I understand if this is taken down. But just please respect the people who make these forums great. Thank you for the stats, Neo

Honestly I'm annoyed. Maybe this is going to be (ironically) too aggressive and get censored. But I have no fucking idea what anyone could have to be mad about here! Like I really don't understand what issue you could possibly run into with these mods! They are great. They address harassment, and dont mess with anything else! That is a perfect job. I have completely without reservation expressed my opinions on this forum with absolutely no problem, and even moreso, support. So uf you dont have anything nice to say, shut up! Sorry to be so agressive, this unappreciativeness really gets on my nerves. I understand if this is taken down. But just please respect the people who make these forums great. Thank you for the stats, Neo
I'm confident I'm not just speaking for myself when I say your sentiments are appreciated.

I don't see anything wrong with showing a bit of passion without being offensive