Why do Men prefer Women's Fur?

HollyLuvsFur 1974

Hi all. It seems that the majority of males prefer women's furs? Is it that women's fur are more elegant? Softer? Is it a sexual attraction? Tell me why!

For me it's purely sexual, the garment represents the softest most attractive part of a woman, the origins of this this attraction have always remained a mystery to me but I accept them gladly. I love and adore women as well but for pure physical satisfaction give me her fur coat.

I don't see a lot of full length Men's furs just off the rack when I walk into a fur salon these days, so the reason why I prefer a women's fur to a men's is purely because of availability. I really only wear full length fox coats so its just much easier (and more affordable) to find and fit into a women's 3XL fox coat off the rack than have to worry about shelling out the funds for a super expensive custom made men's coat. Besides it's a lot easier to negotiate a lower price on a fur that the store is selling off the rack. But I've found that I really can't do that with custom furs. Even if I tell a store clerk my budget or I ask them to match a price from another store, they give me a figure that is 2-3 times more than what I'm willing to pay for.

I'm with panther. Plus for me it is almost impossible to find a men's fur in my size. I'm 5' 7" tall and about 130 pounds. Much smaller than the average male. Many fur stores have nice men's furs, but they seem to be in 3XL or whatever size. So for me it is simply easier to try on women's furs. There is a greater selection. If I do get a woman's fur coat, I would have it altered as many women's coats, especially full length coats, get wider as the coat goes from the shoulders to the hips. Also, often, women's coats don't lay flatly on the back. There is extra fur which increases the swing. But personally, I want a coat to lay flatly on my back.

So, NOTHING sexual about it for me. Simply availability. Plus many more options!

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting subject... I think there are as many explanations as there are fur lovers. For me it's about femininity and glamour. My fur interest is tightly connected to an overall fondness for luxury and elegance and men's furs don't have that elegant aura. To me they're more about ruggedness. They also tend to be rougher and more "shaggy". That does not appeal to me at all. I want my furs sleek, dense and thick. A woman's fur is for a woman only, but that doesn't mean I don't want wear them anyway

I see everyone's points of view. I agree that women's furs are more soft, luxurious and femmine. I am 5'6", so I am also able to wear women's furs. And it is also a sexual experience as well for me. Thank you all for your input.

I've bought both. At first it was just women's furs, but my latest additions are unisex - hooded - or male cut. Generally I go on line and look for closeouts and specials. That's how I acquired my platinum fox - a fur brought in for refurbishing that was never claimed - and heavy-duty think hooded full-length shadow fox.

Its hard to find mens coats... while searching the local ads for private fur sales it is so rare to see a mens coat.. and if there is, the seller is asking way to much... there is a mens full length wolf coat that is probably 15+ years old now.. but he is still asking $1000 for it.. that coat has been on the same website for sale for 4 years now and he never budges on his price... I can get a full length womens fox or Coyote for probably $400.. I personally could care less which way the clasps do up... I think fox, beaver, raccoon, coyote are all pretty unisex to be honest..