chinchilla fur again

Guest manywonderfulfurs

The first animal I ever touched was a living chinchilla. What luck I had! This was at the San Diego Zoo during a school field trip in 1st grade. My mother chaperoned. I had been in the US for barely three years when I went on that field trip. I am now 22. I will never forget how soft that fur was. I was saddened to learn that chinchillas were killed for their fur. Back then, I thought chinchillas only lived in the wild and in zoos. I did not yet know about fur farms. The wild chinchilla is still an endangered species.

The bird flu might be the death blow for the slender-billed curlew, which is an extremely rare shorebird that breeds in somewhere in the vastness of central Asia (possibly in Kazakhstan) and winters in Europe. Its numbers are now so low that its existence as a species cannot be confirmed.

In today's world, we Americans have been brain-washed by TV and movies into thinking that we should do what our hearts tell us to do and NOT what our brains tell us to do. That is absolute TRASH.

Vince

There can be no understanding between the hands and the brain unless the heart acts as mediator.

-- Tagline from the 1927 movie Metropolis

Whether you're right or you're wrong...it might be the best thing to absolutely avoid politics in this forum?? Fur....fur....fur.

Ciao,

AA

In today's world, we Americans have been brain-washed by TV and movies into thinking that we should do what our hearts tell us to do and NOT what our brains tell us to do. That is absolute TRASH.

Vince

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How is this politics? Do you see anything in it that is politically oriented?

Vince