Mixed Furs

Guest furlessinCA

I am wondering what folks here think about "mixed furs" for lack of a better term. By that I mean a mink coat with fox sleeves. To me, personally, I associate these types of coats for women, not necessarily for men. There is also something about the consistency of the coat. The visual appearance seems to be disrupted with two unlike fur types. That said, I do appreciate and like say a mink coat with a chinchilla collar or a chinchilla coat/jacket with a matching-color fox collar. I'm just wondering what others think.

For me, the combination of differing furs has worked more times than it hasn't. That said, I've seen a couple of train wrecks where the combinations didn't go together well at all (usually done with cheaper types of furs)

I tend to agree in concept, but if the colors are similar I'd rather have a huge fox collar on a mink, or maybe raccoon collar on a beaver etc. But fox sleeves on a mink, in different colors looks goofy. I'm a purist.

Mink coats with fox sleeves and collar was big in the 80's. I was not a fan of that style however I have seen lots of beautiful coats that have collars and cuffs made from different fur. My wife has a hooded mahogany mink coat with sable trim around the double fur hood that looks great.