So how about New York...

Jaaamesa

So,

I've just gotten back from a weeks holiday in NYC... Wow.

If I had known that I would be seeing big fur coats on every avenue I walked down I would have prepared myself better.

I thought that there was a lot of fur here in Scotland, but I was wrong. Not only were there lots of furs, but they all appeared to be real. And I saw a bunch of places being advertised to sell them.

If anyone is looking for a holiday with fur... I recommend NYC!

I was in NYC for work last week and saw a woman sporting a fantastic Canadian lynx. Did you have a chance to visit one of the famous NYC furriers? They are something else.

My wife and I spent 4 days in NYC a couple of years ago during fashion week. She brought 4 minks and wore them just about 24 hours a day. We saw fur everywhere. I did see sable also which for me is a rare sight on the streets. We did shop furs at a couple of places. I almost bought a black mink for myself but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. It is well worth it if you get a chance.

I didn't make it to any furriers unfortunately!

Is there a large furden community from NYC? Every time I saw a coat I was curious as to whether or not we've crossed paths on the forums before

This crazy weather on the East Coast is wreaking havoc on fur coat sightings. I was in Manhattan this last Saturday and Sunday, where it was bouncing from 30 degrees to 60, and, if one didn't count the occasional fur collar or cheap rabbit jacket vest, I saw exactly _one_ fur (on 43rd Street between 8th and 9th, worn by a nice-looking black woman in her 20s? with a male companion)--very long black mink? with black fox sleeves. Shucks!

Usually, 5th Avenue in the 50s and up and down 57th Street are superb spots to fur-gaze.

• 1 month later...