Rezing pics

MrLynx

Lynx...

Do you by chance have a program like Adobe Photo, Ulead, or Photoshop? I would think most of them would do it. Others will as well. If you do, just look through them and you will find it in there. I myself use Adobe, but have also used Ulead and a couple of others. Remember also, to save the photo in JPEG file format.

If not you will see a small program mentioned in that thread that should do it for you. If you need help, you could send the photo to any admin, or to any of the Dummies Forum mods.

Also folks, if you ever have little questions like this, that is what the Dummies Forum is for. If you have a question, no matter how simple, just post it there and a person will answer you.

W

I struggled with the same problem for ages until the kids told me how dim I was and how easy it is. There are numerous free resizing programs available online , I used one called PicSizer which was user-friendly and idiot-proof enough even for an old duffer like me.

Hope this helps.

I use the Microsoft paint programme.

If you can use it remember to copy the pic as when it is resized to it's original from avatar size it can be blurred

I struggled with the same problem for ages until the kids told me how dim I was and how easy it is.

Everything is easy when you know how!!

It is very intimidating when someone so much younger just makes a few key strokes and makes it look like only an idiot could be challenged with it.

I once saw an ski video that was addressing the psychology of skiing by Warren Miller.

They showed a one year old on a blanket trying to stand up and walk unassisted. You got the background music and someone editing what he was thinking with negative "self-talk". It was so funny. But, a wonderful comparison on how something so basic can be very challenging.

Linda

I am a MAJOR fan of the GIMP!

I have Photoshop Elements and GIMP. I use GIMP whenever I can. I use Photoshop when it has a specific feature that GIMP doesn't. (Automated Web Photo Gallery creation, for instance.)

The main problem with GIMP is the learning curve. Once you get by that, there's practically nothing you can do wit Photoshop that you can't do with GIMP.

It's free, so if you try it and don't like it, you haven't lost anything. With Photoshop you could be out several hundred simoleans!

• 2 weeks later...

Linda- It only took me until. oh I was 18 before I could single ski on water (after trying since I was 8).. but that aside..

Remember on your avatars to crop as close as you can, sometime VERY tight to make the most use of your alloted pixels.