Gallery not working for anyone else?

LordTheNightKnight

If you see the announcement above the forum - gallery is in the process of being reuploaded. It's useable, but anything that was previously uploaded will not be available until I am done with the upload.

No ETA. Sorry.

Okay, I didn't know the rest of the gray box was for announcements. Seeing the line about White Fox in bold made it seem it was mostly about him than just site things in general (not to dismiss his loss; I'm just referring to how our eyes are drawn and interpret data).

I get that, but it's also like three lines of text. I figured people would read it seeing as every time I update it - it resets if it's been closed, or not.

Gallery is re-uploading now - it says a day, but it really depends on my connection.

Should be back in a day, or two.

"I get that, but it's also like three lines of text."

It's not about how many lines. It's that one line is emphasized, making it look like a headline, and that all lines are going to be based on that. If the main point of the box is updates, then the most prominent line should read "Updates", so that our eyes are drawn to it.

The memorial line for White Fox should not be placed there (moved to at least just above it), since it's about more than just an update.

The main point of the box was never announcements, it's always been about updates mainly aimed at thanking those who have recently contributed financially to the forum.

John's passing is unfortunate but it is fitting that his memoriam stands head and shoulders above all else that is posted there, but does not mean all else that follows should be dedicated to him.

Because of recent forum changes, server issues and outages it has been used as an announcement panel simple because it dominates the page and saves members time hunting through forums for buried posts to seek out information. I'm sure it will return to its former use soon negating your need for observation.

I just mean to those who don't know how that box works, having only one line bolded makes it look like the box is about that, because that's how headlines work.

Yeah, the new layout is a lot better.

Also I hope I didn't come across as rude. It's hard to convey a normal conversational tone over the web, when I've seen many people write that way, but to be condescending.

Nah you're fine. It's refreshing to see someone actually giving feedback.

Who said anything about giving? I'm charging you $20 for my feedback.

I think we have identified the problem. It appears a lot of the gallery files did not get copied from the previous server. We are trying to correct that now. No ETA on this as we are talking about over 72,000 files.

I think we have identified the problem. It appears a lot of the gallery files did not get copied from the previous server. We are trying to correct that now. No ETA on this as we are talking about over 72,000 files.

Yeah that would be a big problem. So do you have to try to get the info from the old server, or something else?

Fortunately we still have access to the previous server. I am trying to backup all the files from the previous server to my PC now. Once that is done I will need to check that all the gallery files were in the backup. I f that is OK, then I need to upload all the gallery files to the current server that didn't get uploaded initially. Why neoJaguar's backup and upload did not get all the gallery files is a mystery at this time.

Well it's up, but there's an issue from before: When I open pictures in a new tab the page links (1, 2, 3, Next, etc.) stop working until I refresh the page.