Fur Stoles

Ravens8

Was in London recently and on four seperate occasions during the day, saw girls wearing long haired fur stoles draped over one shoulder. Two were fake fox, (but very real looking), one definately real fox, and the other looked like fox or coyote. the latter girl was standing chatting to friends, and the bonus was that the whole time she was chatting she just kept stroking the fur draped over her shoulder with her other hand...... very watchable

Really hope this is a sign that stoles are coming back into fashion. It's a great look, especially coupled with evening wear, but I can ceertainly live with seeing them worn on the streets as day time wear as well!

Has anyone else noticed this fashion coming back in?

Once or twice last year but they were maybe longer/thicker scarfs...... my eyes aren't what they used to be

Perhaps this season the young minxes will be wearing fur stoles instead of scarves, which would be great, then fur jackets or Fur hats next year!

I just wish stoles weren't the same price as a jacket or nice pair of shoes!!! I could buy two pair of Loub's sometimes for the price of a single stole!!!

Hi FurBob,

If you ever do some fur work again would you be able to do a "how to"?

I'd love to learn a bit more about working with fur!

Thanks,

Typro

I too am a fur stole lover. So I made a couple of double sided fox fur stoles for us. Both are lined with the same fox fur.

Shadow Blue Fox Stole:

Enjoy.

FurBob

I just wish stoles weren't the same price as a jacket or nice pair of shoes!!! I could buy two pair of Loub's sometimes for the price of a single stole!!!

I can imagine shelling out for one for a special occasion. e.g. https://www.etsy.com/listing/176204710/ultimate-luxury-gift-or-wedding-bridal?ref=market

I see shawls/caplets as more of a wedding thing in my opinion. I would love to own a chubby fox jacket though!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the blue fox stole with the way it was made with the vertical and horizontal look....

Id wear one around the house like that over a rhobe or just wear it normall

I love stoles. Obviously fur coats are great, but sometimes when worn by someone who doesn't fully appreciate furs they can become sadly.. utilitarian. But stoles are always special. They have such a sense of old hollywood glamour.

• 3 months later...
would you be interested in pictures of me wearing it? I'm a 23 yo male

Personally I am not really interested. But as the signature of one of the posters says "Who am I to judge?" If you want to post pics, by all means, post pics. I'm sure they will get attention. I'll admit that stole is GORGEOUS!

My $0.02

JA

I really have to say I have no idea how to present it on a picture to make it justice. But I took some earlier, probably going to post them here somewhere later in the day You can also PM me if you want.

€: I posted them in my personal gallery on my profile, feel free to check them out.