latest movie

White Fox

The latest movie on our movie list sounds fantastic. Thanks Fur Princess.

This has to be a great comedy. Dean Martin, Bob Commings, etc. That is my kind of fur movie. '64.

W

Your welcome White Fox, I hope you enjoy it.

"What A Way to Go" - 1964 during the Rat Pack Era

Fox fur lovers - check out the DVD cover http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=116375

Ladies, there were several big male stars in this movie (including Dean Martin, whom I've always thought was pretty hot). If nothing else... you have to check out the many interesting "fashionable outfits" the leading lady appears in (fur was definitely an accessory).

Fur Princess

You know about that time there was a comedy movie with Dean Martin in it. Know it was filmed in France. (Or at least was supposed to take place in France.) Dean was at one point suppossed to be put to death on the guillotine. Sounds gruesome but it was actually comedy. Remember there was a great fur scene in it. Anyone remember the name of that movie?

W

• 2 weeks later...

Ah.....the 50s and early 60s.... to be of age during that golden era. Had I only been born in '33 instead of '53.....

... will that time ever come again?....when my two most favorite things in the world, fur & cleavage were not only accepted... they were the vogue....

.... when I turned 20... turtlenecks and Peta..........

... try to tell me God doesn't have a wicked sense of humor....

Bromo

I must agree with Bromo: To have been born in the thick of what I like to think of as the Fur Age would have been heaven. The old pictures send shivers down my spine when I see them.

...try to tell me God doesn't have a wicked sense of humor...

I'm allergic to bug spray, and I was born in and live in Minnesota. Our unofficial "state bird" is the mosquito.

If that isn't proof that God has a wicked sense of humor, I don't know what is.

What happens is one age rebels against another. the eighties were so OTT they bred a generation of people then in their twenties with chips on their shoulders about people in their thirties and forties. I remember the gut reaction when youd go somewhere (and youd see the women in power foxes) by the envious. Now the younger generation are rebelling aginst them, so it will change.

That why its so important wherever you live to be an active part of that rebellion. If there are no fur wearing chicks in minnesota the you have to make it happen yourself....gets cold enough doesnt it? Try throwing a party on a dynasty theme or, a1940s theme, a pimps and hos theme or even a fur a feathers theme....then watch em come out of the woodwork.

But yeah lifes a bitch that we arent part of the golden age. Hopefully we may be on the verge of a new one.

But sorry to dissappoint you guys...the 60s were pretty bleak for fur among young women. They reacted against the 40s and 50s and apart from older women and stoles you didnt see the oppulent furs. Look at "60s fur coat" on ebay and you will see what I mean. I have every 50s vogue and talerd and nearly all the 60s ones. The 60s was all plastic, pvc and bri nylon bleaghhh I prefer it now. Things started to change in the 70s.

We have our places to find/see/watch fur here in Minnesota.

With the temps dropping as low as they do in the Winter "Up North" you would think that anyone with half a brain would be in fur, but mostly you have to head towards the trendier parts of the Twin Cities to catch many good sightings, though the fall sports games bring out the odd fur or two.

I had a fantastic encounter last Fall at a high school football game, sitting behind a somewhat inebriated woman in lynx. She kept standing up to cheer and nearly fell into my lap a few times.

I'm usually not turned on by public drunkeness, but for the number of times she bumped into me and apologized profusely wearing that wonderful fur, I guess I could advocate it then.

She hugged her husband and the guy next to her when her son's team won the game, and I was nearly brave enough to try for a hug myself but it was not to be. Hindsight being twenty twenty and all.

We might be back on track to fur with today's young people. I've attended an event called the Carnivore's Ball a few times, where they not only wear leather, furs, and eat meat, but they embrace it and REQUIRE it to get through the front door.