Hard to find this new site.

Tiny-Tim

I Googled and yahooed and I still didn't find this place and when I did it took me a while before I realized it was the same ( but different looking) sight.

Are you guys sure people will find this place?

This new Fur Den website has not been around long enough for search engines to get it in their indexes yet. And the fact that we are currently doing DNS forwarding does not help.

it's accessible via thefurden.com currently, but its just a forward like he said before. When I figure out more permanent hosting I'll fix it properly.. I only forwarded it to the test site because the original den crashed.

All I got when I tried the thefurden.com was "Site not available", I had to go via some kind of UK based review site to get here... Very odd...

But as long as you guys are working on it, people will find their way... "Build it and they will come"...

Edited by Guest

Used both my mobile and the good old computer... still ended up with "site unavailable" perhaps it depends on where one is situated... but I don't think it should... should it? I clean the cache on my phone all the time so I should have made it through on it then? Well I'm here now

Oh by the way I found out that Thefurden is ranked as 53,985 most visited in the UK... Yeay! " title="Applause" />

Woo!

Wouldn't think it would matter where we are... lots of others are finding the site, but I'm not sure how they are funneling in. It'll be fixed soon enough.

May want to clear your cache...
Clearing cache AND cookies will resolve an amazing number of "problems". I have my browser set to automatically clear both cache and cookies when I close it.

Woo!

Wouldn't think it would matter where we are... lots of others are finding the site, but I'm not sure how they are funneling in. It'll be fixed soon enough.

I just clicked on the e-mail link without looking at the url, so I didn't notice the words atreuce.me in it. If more people had set up their accounts like that, there would still be a lot of confused faces but at least there wouldn't be any frustrated ones!

Well, Twitter advised me of the change of address (thanks, Eva) and the came the fun and games of remembering the darned password, but at least now I can go through my wallet and clear out the redundant ones.

BTW... site needs more fox *grin*

BTW... site needs more fox *grin*
I agree.

As a bit of explanation on the difficult to locate situation, the crash of the GoDaddy server caught us totally unprepared. neoJaguar had this site close to ready except for chat and IM but to finish it he needed several more days to test chat & IM possibilities, plan how we were going to handle the approximately 8 GB of images in the old Den galleries, and figure out if we would use this hosting setup, or locate another one that might have slightly better features for a similar cost.

When the crash happened, NJ decided it would be faster and easier to start using this site rather than wait the 2-4 days it would take me to restore the old Den site. So he setup a DNS forward to this site. The DNS forward along with the different domain name and file structure of this site has led to the confusion and difficulty in finding this new Den site when using previously working bookmarks or searches. The searches are not working in part because Google and others have not yet had enough time to find and index this site. That could take several weeks.

Eventually we will get these problems straightened out, but there are a few things that need to be decided before we plan how to do the cleanup work. We will need to coordinate changes to the DNS records, software configuration settings, and possibly a move to a different host. Please be patient as this is not a simple task. I think we may need to schedule and announce a full day outage in order to accomplish these tasks. We will try to keep you informed and provide adequate advance notice of scheduled outages.

Thought something else may have gone wrong when I couldn't pull up the den the other morning. After trying the link I have bookmarked for the old site, I finally tried taking all the extra web address out except for the furden.com itself. Took me to the new welcome (?) page which was followed by finding the right spot to log in (the login tab on the front page said that I didn't exist...).

Good to see it back, and let's see what comes next.

The front page of the New Fur Den is a WordPress page. WordPress and phpBB do NOT share user information as they use different databases that have different formats for user info. Only the owner neoJaguar has login access to WordPress at this time. I will ask him to update the front page so others might avoid the confusion you experienced.

ok how do we find chat

On the front page of the forum, bottom of the Discussion Forums sub-heading (under Ye Olde Denne Pub, you'll see "Chat Room")