Wearing fur in Public

mrbeaver92

Hello there! I am sure this has been addressed before but I am wondering what the reactions the men on this have gotten wearing fur in public? I want to do it this winter but I am a little nervous about the reactions of others. What was your first time like?

In most cases the biggest issue is in your own mind.

I had a coyote parka that received many totally unsolicited and spontaneous complements from women in the years I had it. Unfortunately that parka eventually got worn out and dried out so it is no more.

i have wore fur in public since 1984 . itr started with a coyote parka. Now its fox, coyote, lynx and racoon, i have never had a negitive recation. i don't wear non fur winter jackets.

furup

Something I should have mentioned in my previous reply-

Your attitude while wearing fur in public makes a difference in how others perceive you. Wear your fur with pride and enjoy it!

I remember being nervous the first few times I wore fur. But that all changed after the very first time I wore a fur coat on a trip to Aspen, Colorado. That town used to be very anti-fur back in the 90's. To the point where the Mayor himself considered banning fur all together. But I received so many compliments from local shop keepers during my stay that it really gave me the confidence boost I needed and pretty much bolstered my desire to wear fur in public from that point on.

Embrace the opportunity. I wear a roaring twenties raccoon coat here in NJ and have always received compliments. Folks love it. They always want to try it on....you'll be fine. Just be you.

Go for it, wear fur as much as you can. My first time was to a cinema at night so there was less people around. When I bought my ticket the lady at the counter gave me a nice comment and then asked to try it on. She loved it and looked fantastic, so have never looked back. Woman always want to try them on. I wear fox fur love it...

The first time I wore my rex rabbit jacket was out walking my dog. The driver of one car going by slammed on its brakes the occupants just stared at me. But the REAL first time was walking into class where I work at a college. The students roared/gasped/whatever. I went into defense mode. I've commuted by bicycle for about 40 years, I don't own a cell phone & what many of the students pay in a year for a cell phone would more than pay for my jacket. Now I just wear it, and the students ASK ME to wear it! They all know me by "the fur coat". I am an adviser for a sorority (now two). Every time I'm invited, the student who invites me requests that I wear the fur. I always get a picture with my sorority "daughter". Every time I am downtown at least one person (usually female) asks if they can touch the "coat" (again, it's a jacket).

Admittedly I was nervous the first few times wondering what people thought. I think the reality is, most people don't even notice. Though I will say, a student (who loves the jacket) told me that one of her friends sent a picture through "snapshot" (?) to his friends. It was of me walking across campus in my fur jacket. She said I was famous!

WEAR YOUR FUR PROUDLY AND ENJOY THE RIDE!

Edited by Guest

Well, my wife and I have been wearing our furs in Public for at least 10 years...started when we went to the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. Since then I have posted several of our experiences on this forum.

The latest foray was to the Nutcracker Ballet last Christmas. My wife wore her F/L Cherry Red Canadian Red Fox with the 23 inch wide cape collar. A Russian couple were so impressed that the husband remarked that my wife ought to donate her coat to the ballet company. I thanked him for his kind remark in Russian.

FurBob

• 2 weeks later...

I have worn my hooded rabbit jacket in public and I have received many complements mostly from other guys.

It made feel good inside. Nothing wrong with guys wearing fur.

I generally wear mine in the evening going for walks.. Ive never had any negative comments... I remember going for a walk in the park once and I was wearing my coyote parka and a jogger gave me a long hard stare.. I don't think most people really care to be honest.. I think it depends on the type of fur... Most of my coats are womens style because well.. you just dont find a red or silver fox mens coat sitting there for sale everyday... Ive worn the full length red fox out a few times, mostly coyote or raccoon full lengths though...Id probably get more stares wearing my full length silver fox then say my beaver or coyote jacket for sure...

Its that time here again though!! Lows are just below 0 celcius!! No snow yet though... I kind of feel I need the snow for a "fur walk" other than that... just been in the backyard a few times the last few nights

I try to wear fur every day.

A bit tricky in the summer, but when I go to the local shop to get my newspaper, I'll go quite early in the morning when it is still cool enough to wear some fur. In these circumstances, it will ususally be just my MINK tie.

As the temperatures fall and I make the same journey, I make sure that I am wearing several furs. MINK scarf, MINK jacket, MINK lined MINK hat (fortunately/unfortunately have no hair (on my head)), MINK lined gloves.

For best I will wear my american legend MINK coat, and my new milti-coloured FOX scarf, in addition to several other fur items.

Wish I had a coat worth wearing out... I have a black rabbit bomber w/ hood, but if I'm gonna wear something out I'd rather be in fox, or coyote.

One of these days!!

Hello,

I usually wear my short hooded black fox fur coat in public. Now here the weather (exsp. in the morning) became very cold, so I wear my coat when I go to work.

I will wear my new long hooded (http://thefurden.com/bbden/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15653) silver fox fur coat at long walks or when we go to the theatra or I go to visit my friends.

So I regularly wear my coats in public, sometime my black or silver fox fur hat too. I like this life style and also like when others look me.

• 4 weeks later...

This post has really inspired me to wear my furs properly

I have 2 reversable MINK jackets, which up to now I have worn the wrong side out (ie leather) - shame.

Now I have taken my self in hand and now wear them the correctly (ie right side out (ie MINK)).

I feel empowered, and feel really great.

Soon I shal be wearing my MINK (reversable) coat correctly as well

Bob

Took my new fur to Denver last night. Got one positive comment, by one

individual who was working the food and gift show I went to. Helped railroad club run trains

since they were a bit short on volunteers for the afternoon/evening time frame.

Put coat after I got outside, and started to freeze!! Got a couple of looks, and at least on

comment, that I could not quite hear! Sounded to be a positive comment though.

Fellow I sat with, on the train( RTD light rail), back to Park n Ride, where I parked, said he loved my coat!

My reply, So Do I!!

And since I was in the DCPA (Denver Center for the Perfroming Arts) part of town, since there were

probably several plays concerts and other events going on downtown, bringing in all sorts of folks for the afternoon/evening I felt as if I fit right in, wearing fur!

I will keep doing it as long as the cold weather calls for it! Sometimes, my regular jacket just does cut it!

I'm with Typro. Generally don't like to draw attention to myself. Plus my friends and family are of the anti-fur generation. Anyway it is not really practical in the wet and mild south west of the uk. I don't think it is something I would reach for going out of the door. I'd much prefer the company of a lady who wears furs to wearing them myself.

I wore a fox fur coat one Halloween (dressed as a pimp) with most of my friends around (who were and are all aware of my fetish) and they were all like "Damn this is actually really bad-ass, you should wear this all the time" and it's actually worked out since then quite well - I get compliments all the time, especially from women who love to touch it. I think as long as you get jackets and coats that look/fit well and you wear them with confidence it's totally fine.