Good Cheap Fur

furlover15

What is your budget like at the moment? I have two fox coats up on ebay right now that need a good home. Each coat has an $850 reserve on them. They are yours if you can afford them.

Cheap or inexpensive? Lol. rabbit is both cheap and inexpensive for example. You could always go searching for vintage items. The best you could do is if you can scrape around $300-500 you could find a few good furs like at most two if you're lucky or one very nice one. That's on the low end.

A joke we often tell around here...

You can have something that is "good," "cheap" or "fast."

You are allowed to pick two out of three.

Seriously... I suggest going to some place like a fur shop or a second hand store where you can look at and get information about the kinds of fur you like. Look at the prices and decide what kinds of items might match your preference and price range. You don't have to buy. Just look and learn.

Once you have a good idea of what you like and how much it will cost, you can save up to buy it.

Part of the problem of not having money to buy furs or other nice things is not knowing how much things cost. Going "window shopping," as it were, will give you a target to shoot for. Once you know what you want, it's easier to save money to buy it.

I buy most of my fun/hobby stuff that way.

Oh absolutely make sure you go into a fur shop and check out their selections first. Get your measurements taken, discover what kind of fur suits you best, and always remember It's better to take the time to do a little research first before you buy your first coat. Buying a coat you feel comfortable in and fits perfectly is always better than settling for something that meets your budget.

Fur fits a bit differently than other kinds of coats. If you want to get a fur coat that fits you right, it's a good idea to go some place and have them take your measurements.

While you can always get one off the rack, so to speak, when you are spending a lot of money to get a fur in the first place, I'd say that it's best to get fitted at least once so that you know how to ask for a fur in your size.

I always get fitted for a fur before every potential sale since I can never depend on my weight being exactly the same from one year to the next. I mean I will always say yes to a super huge coat since I just love that particular look, but you just always have to be sure before you buy something.

If you want cheap and are not necessarily looking for a garment to wear, then I would suggest http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LUXURY-REAL-RABBIT-SKINS-THROW-BLANKET-NATURAL-COLOUR-157-m-/331492395800?hash=item4d2e7c8b18

I bought one. Very soft cosy throw. excellent service from the seller. It may be only pieces, but it seems good quality, and you certainly can't complain at the price.

They are a great vendor. I have bought four rex rabbit blankets and just love them. Very well made even though it's pieces. I doubt full skins would be any stronger. They ship very fast..

Rex has a look (depending on how it is dyed) and texture similar to chinchilla. Some furriers will label it as "chinchilla rex" or "rex chinchilla". It is frequently used as trim or for accessories.

Furs are cut differently of course, it's the same as when shopping for any other piece of clothing. They all have a different cut from various manufacturers so it's not really all that special.

When I first started assembling my collection, fur used to be out of fashion. Compared to now, it was possible to buy VERY nice pieces for a fraction of what they sell for now. We all know the reason for the price increase so I won't go into that.

• 2 weeks later...

Rabbit fut coats are very soft and cheap and great to have fun with at night as well.. my first fur was a full lenght white rabbit coat... got alot of joy out of it till it fell apart on me..