Chanqing chat in 48 hours. Unless...

White Fox

OK folks. In 48 hours we are going back to Old Chat unless you tell us to do differently. I hate to do it as that means we are going back to the old system where you are kicked out unless you are continually typing.

If you wish differently please let us know.

W

Yes, there are problems with the PhpFreeChat facility. I corrected one minor oversight, but I have not yet figured out why the chat is not connecting users to the Fur Chat chatroom.

There appears to be a major problem with PhpFreeChat and Coppermine (galleries) related to the upgrade of this board from phpBB 3.0 to phpBB 3.1. There are some architecture changes with the phpBB 3.1 software that are not currently compatible with what PhpFreeChat and Coppermine expect.

While I am working on this, I will re-enable mChat so we have a usable chat facility even though it is far from what most want in a chat.

well reenabling old chat just turned everyone away chat was major part of this site ppl had fun in now well is dead as a door nail old expression for you younger ppl Anyways too bad was having fun with chat before

We are working on a fix for integrating PhpFreeChat with phpBB 3.1.x. Until that fix is available, the mChat extension is the only semi-reasonable alternative.

Folks Sensualbill is saying that we should have just disconnected chat entirely until we got the old one working again instead of bringing back the PhpFreeChat temporarily. Please let us know what direction you want us to take until we can somehow solve this compatibility problem and we will certainly go with what people here want. We do our best, but to some folks I realize that is just not good enough and they get frustrated.

W