Wearing fox vs mink

paul2809

How does it feel in the difference of wearing fox fur coats vs mink coats?? Specially the full lenght furs??

Is thier a difference in weight between the two?

Ive not worn fox fur but only mink and i am only curious.

I had this warm furry thought this morning of how wonderful it would be to wear a full lenght fox coat....

I have been lucky enough to have owned both kind of furs. I had a floor length blue fox coat made for me years ago and enjoyed it thoroughly. The down side was that was kind of bulky and heavy. It was not what you would call an every day fur. I now own several mink coats with big fox collars and have the best of both worlds. Either way, it feels wonderful to step out in one of your favorite furs!

I typically only wear fox. Mostly because I love the look of a huge power fox coat but also because the longer, smoother hairs feel great against the skin. Mink hairs are typically shorter and more prickly and if you have sensitive skin like I do then wearing mink quickly becomes a nightmare. I've tried on many minks in the past and they usually leave a big red rash around my neck that itches for the rest of the day.

Having worked in a fur store, I do not recall noticing much difference in weight between fox and mink coats of the same length. Most of the weight of a garment is in the leather of the fur, not the hair.

As has been stated previously, the texture of a fur can make a big difference in how enjoyable the item is.

thank you for your help every one. AK, Fox, Panther......

ones of these days, I will find a full lenght fox coat for my self...

ive always wanted that soft thick, luxurious feel of a fox coat....

i am still of fan of mink as well, but I would love to have both in the future..

wished I was near one of you guys bc Id love to wear a full lenght fox to see how it feels....