Sleeping with Sable

Guest furlessinCA

This is probably the wrong crowd to ask this question to, or right as the case may be. But does anyone besides me sleep with fur? When I "sleep with fur" I mean simply SLEEP. I scored an old sable collar from a second hand store for $15 a while back. I removed the backing which include two large clips. I lay the sable over my eyes when I go to bed. IT'S VERY RELAXING!! Sometimes I'll wrap it around my neck (it's short) to keep my neck warm. My wife thinks I look ridiculous with the fur "over my face" when I am sleeping...That's a good one. I told her I didn't care as I am ASLEEP! Though sometimes I think I am reverting to childhood and using the sable as a "binky". Oh well, it sure is nice. Anyone else do anything similar?

Edited by Guest

Not so strange....I sometimes sleep with a 8" X 24" black rabbit fur collar around my neck, or a short 2 tier silver fox shrug in my sleep shorts between my legs, front to back....and YES...I do sleep, but it is so wonderful to wake up

When my rabbit coat arrived, I slept with it 3 nights in a row. My bed still have it's hairs to this day hahaha

But I get too distracted if I'm wearing. Normally I just lay with the fur by my side, and it's ok

i sleep with a faux fur scarf over my eyes and sometimes double layer it and wrap it around my head to blacken out my eyes so I can relax

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my new queen size Stone Marten Blanket (my avatar pic)made with 72 skins by Master Furrier Lars Paustian. It's not Sable but a very close cousin. The quality is excellent.

If I were to sleep in furs it'd need to be a blanket. I've discovered a hammock exists and I lust for it! Coyote hammock which would be cozy I think? I'm not familiar with coyote. But it would be optimum napping material that's for sure. I doubt I could sleep with a fur blanket for very long I would fear sweating and such could ruin it and bring a musk I don't want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup I sleep in furs every night. I have 2 chinchilla rex blankets I snuggle under. One is Orylag. My god are they soft and fluffy. I always get the biggest raging hard on when touch and run my hands and whole body through the fur. I love rex rabbit. I could lay naked for hours in them. So relaxing. And I'm currently waiting on a sheared beaver blanket I just purchased. Oh I can't wait!!