King of Cool

Guest furlessinCA

OK a hint. This is actually a little known fact about this actor. But he used to race motorcycles. Many knew he raced cars, but few knew he raced motorcycles.

Good guess Marcel! Paul Newman did race cars. He was a great race car driver. But he's not the King of Cool. He was "Mr. Blue eyes"

Another hint: He was one of the Magnificent Seven.

Go ahead and look up the Magnificent Seven.

Le Mans Trailer

What! a racing movie i have not heard about and with Steve.

My fav race movie is Grand Prix from 66.The soundtrack is brilliant!

GOT IT!

Steve McQueen was the King of Cool!

Check out Bullitt for THE ORIGINAL car chase scene in a movie. If you do, you also get to see Jacqueline Bisset (no fur).

KoC also bank-rolled the motorcycle documentary "On Any Sunday" filmed by Bruce Brown who also made "The Endless Summer". Both are iconic films. I've seen On Any Sunday ONLY about 100 or 200 times...REALLY!

Yah Bullitt was the ultimate car chase but you would never guess who did one fairly close to it in one of their movies. Ma and Pa Kettle of all people! Pretty amazing when you consider the time it was filmed.

Reminds me that I should see both of them again some time. I don't have Bullitt but obviously it would not be too far away to find as that car chase was so amazing.

my opinion one best was the French connection also the one kowowski whole movie was a car chase also dirty mary n crazy something with peter fonda Nest car crash scence was in the hitcher ooh so many remember haloha bobby and rose but steve king of coll sorry big disagreenment on that one as is just one person opinion didn't ever see a poll conducted