California ban lynx hunt

mailonfurs

That really stinks. Thank God Canadians are not as prudish as the US.

Its funny there are enough guns in the US to put three guns into every US citizen' home and hands. I love how the NRA and politicians encourage putting more and more guns on the streets of US so that citizens can thin the population by gunning themselves down. But God help anyone who wants to hunt animals or wear fur in the US those are the bad people. Does anyone else see the irony in the way they think in the US?

With the upsurge in pelt prices in recent years, some fur trappers in California started setting traps for bobcats on the boundaries of protected areas like Joshua Tree National Park. These traps were illegally set on private property bordering the national park. This led to outrage among wildlife lovers. They called for a total ban of bobcat trapping in the state.

The NRA can go to hell. Fucking Neanderthals.

The NRA protects its interests just like any other organization, kind of like the fur industry. Duck Unlimited does a tremendous amount with regard to maintaining and developing habitat for ducks (and geese). Is it self-serving? Absolutely! But the Sierra Club isn't is doing anything for wetlands. What WE need to do is align ourselves with groups like Ducks Unlimited, California Waterfowl Association, The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. We all have our own reasons for animal use. If we all came together as a unified voice, perhaps we could all benefit.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to gong dove hunting on September 1st!

I think furless hit the nail on the head. Unless we are talking specifically about human rights violations abolition is both futile and a poor solution. Sustainable usage is the name of the game.