F-ing PeTA

Guest furlessinCA

My half uncle posted the video on facebook in link link below. I told him it didn't represent fur use (that is less than 1% of animal use in the U.S. is for fur while over 90% is for food). His response was that animals were killed for vanity. I responded that they were not beaten. No response

My half uncle posted the video on facebook in link link below. I told him it didn't represent fur use (that is less than 1% of animal use in the U.S. is for fur while over 90% is for food). His response was that animals were killed for vanity. I responded that they were not beaten. No response

Why was that piece of scum not arrested for assault

It is a PETA propaganda video from a few years ago.

One of their typical 'How would you like it' attempts making it out that skinning is always brutal. Even though 99% of fur skinners apparently work with animal welfare groups to ensure animals are treated well while they are alive. (Probably just as well as most household pets.)

But they like to instill shock to their impressionable minions over how the skinning process 'Extremely Rarely' looks.

These ads always make me giggle. Recycled shock marketing at it's worst. As coyote et al point out this ad is for PETA members and other impressionables. It is designed to drive a wedge between PETA and fur wearers. They know that they are wrong in the nuances so they have to make their membership militant. No matter how wrong you are, you can always divide and conquer.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, I've been thinking about this problem ever since I read this thread.

I spent quite a bit of time pondering a solution and, finally, I've come up with a good one.

Yes, we, here, at Furhaven Laboratories have the perfect solution to anti-fur, P∂TA types. We capture them and take them to our T.E.S.T facility at an undisclosed location for some "attitude adjustment" therapy.

[attachment=0]Rack-Fr-0011-8-Title SM.png[/attachment]

Larger image and more detailed description here:

http://anotherworker11811.deviantart.com/art/Furhaven-Laboratories-W-I-P-555181059

This image is part of a larger project with a full story and a series of images.

I am planning for this to be a lot longer than my usual stories and illustrations.

As it is planned the story does not center around what happens to P∂TA protesters but there is a strong thread. This image is just one facet of the story.

This is a work in progress. The modeling and materials are almost finished. I need to tweak the lighting and work on the fur.

Like I said, this stands to be a huge project and it will take a lot more time than my others.

I'll try to keep you all posted on the progress and, as usual, comments are always welcome.

• 4 months later...
You know, I've been thinking about this problem ever since I read this thread.

I spent quite a bit of time pondering a solution and, finally, I've come up with a good one.

Yes, we, here, at Furhaven Laboratories have the perfect solution to anti-fur, P∂TA types. We capture them and take them to our T.E.S.T facility at an undisclosed location for some "attitude adjustment" therapy.

And if the attitude adjustment therapy doesn't work they must be eradicated,

[attachment=0]Rack-Fr-0011-8-Title SM.png[/attachment]

Larger image and more detailed description here:

http://anotherworker11811.deviantart.com/art/Furhaven-Laboratories-W-I-P-555181059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This image is part of a larger project with a full story and a series of images.

I am planning for this to be a lot longer than my usual stories and illustrations.

As it is planned the story does not center around what happens to P∂TA protesters but there is a strong thread. This image is just one facet of the story.

This is a work in progress. The modeling and materials are almost finished. I need to tweak the lighting and work on the fur.

Like I said, this stands to be a huge project and it will take a lot more time than my others.

I'll try to keep you all posted on the progress and, as usual, comments are always welcome.

• 4 months later...

Honestly, it doesn't matter if it's cruel or not. It doesn't *actually* matter if the animals live a good life.

They could probably live in their very own mansions, have large pools and butlers and only be skinned when they die of old age and people who are against fur, will still be against it.

The cruelty doesn't actually matter one bit. I saw a video of how beef is made and it's probably waaay worse than fur production.

What matters to these people is that the animals that are killed are "cute". AND it's obviously easier to be against something that you can't really afford anyway than something you consume on a daily basis.

• 1 month later...

The silver lining: that PETA even has a Latino page shows that fur is at least somewhat popular among Hispanic people.

It's good to argue against PETA but to have fantasies about PETA protestors is something else entirely wrong lmfao.

I don't know MizzSpark, the seduction of the haters to the soft and sensuous side is always a story I liked conjuring up. A little different than what was posted early, but I just love the stories of people bowing to their desires.