Chat modifications...

AKcoyote

Have the changes to chat helped?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have the changes to chat helped?

• Yes
    • No improvement
    • No, situation is worse

After some research into phpfreechat, I made a few minor modifications to our chat facility. Hopefully these changes will address a couple of the reported issues namely word censoring and unexpected booting. I also increased the number of default chat rooms to 5 by adding 2 more "Misc" rooms.

Please let me know if these changes have helped or not.

I will continue working toward providing an upgrade to a newer version of chat, but that will take some time.

I expect the answer to this is "Not possible" but just in case I will suggest it.

I notice the chat loads the user to all rooms and that adds confusion I think. Would it be possible to set it to load to "Fur" only?

W

I notice the chat loads the user to all rooms and that adds confusion I think. Would it be possible to set it to load to "Fur" only?
Good question - my brief test was not indicating that. I will have to do some research on that issue.

Not sure I can judge as I have used chat only in the last couple of weeks. What I will say, is that it is easy and it has been very active.

I agree with White Fox, it'd be great if the default cold be set to enter the Fur Chat. If this update fixes the unexpected bootings then I'll be one happy camper

I n otice some folks have mentioned chat is the same or worse. If you could tell us using this thread, what is still happening here it MIGHT help AKCoyote and/or other admin folks to fix the problem.

Thanks all

W

ok as a regular chat user I think we need only one page or place not 3 misc a fur and wool one place way is now we gonna be chasing each other around in the 5 rooms and will get dizzy Also with pvt chat one room is best this is silly 3 misc

ok as a regular chat user I think we need only one page or place not 3 misc a fur and wool one place way is now we gonna be chasing each other around in the 5 rooms and will get dizzy Also with pvt chat one room is best this is silly 3 misc

I thought the same thing too, with the private chat function it sort of makes the Misc rooms a bit useless/redundant. I would've thought anything that was going to be chat in there can be done in the main window but I suppose if a group of people want to have a chat away from the main window then it serves a purpose, but maybe not 3 of them

Thanks for the feedback. " title="Applause" />

Tomorrow (Sunday) I will remove the Misc chat rooms. Be aware that if you are using one of those rooms you might get kicked off when I delete them.

Why does it force you into sweater chat?
Unfortunately the chat facility tends to initially land you in the last room defined in the params. It is a simple matter to click on the "Fur Chat" room label to switch rooms.

Please note that the server supports 2 websites (Fur Den, & Melody O'Hair) and the chat facility was setup to be used by members from BOTH sites.