This bodes well for us.

Fox

Not really, I do enjoy summers. Also still want to be able to store my coat. Your coat won't survive unless you store it and get it cleaned yearly. Sorry just being a realest and I want summer! I love summer!

"Might want to start stockpiling those down jackets..."

Or those furs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-winkles/winter-is-coming-scientis_b_7787664.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Don't kid yourself. No solar activity is extremely dangerous. Like almost life threatening. Plants cant survive without sunglight, and if plants die out, so do the animals that eat them. And an entire decade without sunlight does not bode well for crops.

Haha, this turned grim quickley!

Indeed, there is a big difference between no solar activity and low solar activity. And with all the global-warming fears recently, this should almost be welcome news :P

The original story was a journalist over-reacting to what a solar scientist actually said. While the solar minimum will probably be lower than usual, it will NOT be sufficiently low to cause a mini ice age. The last mini ice age was more due to volcanic ash in the atmosphere than reduced solar output. The upcoming solar minimum may slightly offset the effects of excessive greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere which are causing climate change by significantly warming the planet's atmosphere.