Investing in fur

svernmelus

Hi all,

I was wondering, whit all the problems that there are on the financial market.

Is it a good idea to buy shares or stock form an fur farm or some other company in the fur industry?

And so, which one?

While the idea has some romanticism to it, I would definitely stay away from this idea from a practical standpoint.

Because furs wear out over time (leather dries out and disintegrates eventually), furs do NOT appreciate or even hold their value. Thus furs are not a good investment except for personal use.

Its not even really possible to invest in a fur business since they are privately owned companies. No IPO = No stock options. Buying stock is not possible if the company never goes public. Besides, its a seasonal enterprise. Why would you risk investing in a business that is really only profitable for three months out of the year?

You could invest in one of the larger fashion firms like Fendi, Christian Dior or Dennis Basso. But those companies are not necessarily restricted to making fur products exclusively. They produce everything from wedding dresses to perfumes and will once in awhile make fur products in preparation for the next fall/winter season.

Just like you say Fox, it has some romanticism to it.

And I hear everywhere that is best to by stock options or go to an bank to put you money in an portfolio, because savings aren't bringing up anymore.

And therefore I though about investing it in something. And the first thing that came up, well you know

But thank for the reply's

May I'll check out Fendi, Christian Dior or Dennis Basso.