TotalFUR

So I'm having a lot of trouble finding a picture on my computer less than 60kB to use as my avatar. Is there any way we could either up the file size limit or provide a library of good avatar images?

Not sure I am following you here. You could send the photograph you wish to use to NeoJaguar or any other staff here and they can help you resize it smaller. As for Avatar Library. Did you look at the Avatars Album in our Gallery? Just look at the links bar at the top of any forums page for "Fashion Gallery". Click and explore and you will find it there. Just look for "Member's Photographs and Avatars". If you post a photograph you wish in there just label it accordingly so that our moderators know which album you wish it to go to.

The only avatar library we have is what came with phpBB and that is only 2 images

That can easily be expanded, or opened up for external avatars. I'll look into how to change it, and we'll discuss it.

Those avatars were supposed to be a joke. They were never supposed to be actually used.

A few people saw them, they laughed and they were quickly forgotten.

I laughed my... Um... Ass off when I saw them again. I didn't even remember her that they still existed.

Okay... Real avatars...

What do people want? We can make new ones.

What do people want? It wouldn't be hard to make up a couple-few.

TotalFUR,

Send me a message. I'll see what I can do about getting your picture fixed up as an avatar for you.

I think there are a few standard libraries of avatar images available that neoJaguar is researching. if he locates any good ones, I will add them to the avatar gallery. Otherwise as Worker suggested, we can possibly make one or use a thumbnail image from our Fur Fashion Gallery.

I can make nearly any image (JPEG/PNG/GIF) into an avatar.

If pictures aren't enough, I can probably design something from scratch.

I've got Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender and a few other tricks up my sleeve, too.

I do like the idea of stock avatar galleries. If we can find a good one, I'll go for that.

If anybody has a custom avatar that they want, they can upload their own. If they can't get it to work, I can offer advice on how to make it work. If anybody can't figure it out for themselves, I can probably do it with the provision that it would be on a time-available basis for me.

(i.e. I'm always willing to help but I can't drop everything just to make pictures.)

If you have trouble, message me. I'll do what I can to help.

Honestly, just about any image editor (default within your operating system, or otherwise) can crop and resize an image down to the parameters.