Forum Layout

White Fox

Please remember that we have been working night and day here since things changed to make this a different place including the suggestions that people have asked for. We all have jobs. Two of our administrators are supposed to be working full time. Yet we can only work part time due to extremely major surgery recovery from cancer needed. Of the small amount of time left every second of it has been spent here.

Almost every second without fail. Trying to do changes that members suggested.

But this pace just can't keep up. We are doing our best. But we can only do what our health and jobs allow here. We are all volunteers.

We ARE trying! We have had discussions on the Freaks name for instance. Brandy's area was originally pay and thus was scheduled to be removed totally, but now she is not here we have not confirmed what we will do with it. It was scheduled to be deleted since she is no longer here but that may well be changed.

But for now we have almost 5,000 photographs to move into the new Gallery from the old. And that will take many, many days. And we can't do anything more until THAT project has been completed. We ARE doing our best!

White

Re stickies...

That is one thing we cannot do as MANY people have told us that they hate them with a passion. We use them for short times, yes. But members would NOT put up with their use. That have told us that!

We need to keep EVERYONE'S suggestions in play here and not just those of one or two people.

Yes, I am busy Tryxie. I came within two weeks of dying not long ago and in fact could have died at any minute. I had a 10 to 12% chance of surviving. A year later I am still here and have in fact broken most records on an 18 to 24 month recovery.

Yes, I will consider your suggestions. But AT LEAST a dozen people have told us how much they HATE stickies here! And THAT Is NO exaggeration!

We will do our best to make this a happy place for everyone. But for now we HAVE to complete the Gallery work. Please do not tell us that we are not doing anything. Yesterday alone I probably spent 4 or more hours in this place making changes! AK spent a good deal more than that. And you come along and tell us that we are sitting and doing nothing. All of these negative messages are not helping the place at all.

I am dong my best. But if that is not good enough I am afraid that is what you are stuck with.

We will try to make changes. But we can't consider only the changes suggested by one person. Everyone is equal on this. Even Mods. Even Admins. And ALL members. Once the Gallery work is done we will do our best to do some other work. But moving 5,000 photographs one at a time, is time consuming. And THAT is the very TOP item on the agenda right now.

And Yes, as mentioned, long term stickies are out unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Because members have told us that they hate them!

White Fox

I wonder if you asked one of the mods to step up to admin post and take some workload of your back.

That's not something you just hand over. You have to absolutely trust that person to know they won't destroy the website.

As far as the rest - there is like LITERALLY 2-3 people working on the forum. All with their own personal life issues, and cannot work at the speed that some people are suggesting they do. This forum has been alive, and working for quite some time. Now all of a sudden with influx of members it needs to be changed, it needs this, it needs that. While I'll agree it needs a few changes/updates - IT STILL WORKS AND PEOPLE ARE USING IT. I don't see a bunch of people complaining about what something should be named, or this shouldn't be there, etc. I see some wanting 100% change in a split second, and can do nothing but complain in multiple parts of the forum otherwise.

Relax. They will get it done, or they won't. Either way - either appreciate it, or find another venue. I like this one quite fine, and don't see myself learning French (no offence French people) to go to the other popular forum to talk.

Don't they trust the old mods?!?

They could just start with simple tasks.

I wouldn't know, but I do know if you hand over admin to something like this - you can cause some real damage if they wanted to.

It's a risk you have to take.

A backup is needed,if that happens.

You sometimes need to let go of total control or you will be burned out.

True, but not all suggestions need to be implemented. They are taken in for consideration, and put on a to-do list I'm sure. I've thrown my hat in to help AK with whatever he needs though. Baby steps! First the gallery, then the world! muhaha.

I appreciate and looking forward to your work here and suggest what you step up to admin post soon,if you now have the skills you say.

The ONLY real problem is impatience on the part of a few. Yes, White Fox and myself are dealing with health issues that slow us down much more than our age does. I, for one, believe that change merely for the sake of change is a very bad idea.

As has been said before, this website is A WORK IN PROGRESS. Similar to the old saying "Rome wasn't built in a day", neither will all the updates here be finished in a day. We much prefer to take things one or two at a time and allow the members (ALL members) enough time to provide feedback.

Also going slower means fewer disasters.

As there are only one or 2 members complaining that their ideas have not been implemented, I think the silence of most members speaks volumes -- if it isn't broke, don't fix it or it may not be perfect, but it works for me.

" I think the silence of most members speaks volumes"

It can also be like this:

silence = i don't care

shout = i care

Please remember that only a very few people can work with many of these suggested changes on the site. You need to be an administrator first. Moderators cannot do most all of them. Then, you need to have the technical knowledge here to do all of that

AKCoyote is the only one here that understands this site and all of it's permissions (What allows folks to do this and that and post this and that) inside out. Worker understands a good deal of it. NewJaguar is beginning to. I understand VERY LITTLE of that even though I have been an administrator here for many years.

What you are really describing is the difference between Moderators and Administrators. Moderators help members. Administrators build the site.

Hope that makes sense. Been talking here too much these last few days, so time for me to fade to back ground.

This website is for ALL members not just a couple who complain. If you are having problems with something, PLEASE let us know. We will be happy to help.

If you have specific suggestions for improvement, again let us know. Saying FFG was easier to use does not help as with that site gone we cannot see what software was used there or how it functioned. However, describing in as much detail as possible how some function is easier to use at another website would help us see if we can improve things here.

This website is for ALL members not just a couple who complain. If you are having problems with something, PLEASE let us know. We will be happy to help.

If you have specific suggestions for improvement, again let us know. Saying FFG was easier to use does not help as with that site gone we cannot see what software was used there or how it functioned. However, describing in as much detail as possible how some function is easier to use at another website would help us see if we can improve things here.

Another post said that people were having trouble posting, and posting links, etc. - I haven't seen anything come up that people needed help with. So silence may speak, but if we don't know what's going on - we can't fix it.

Feedback is 1000% important at every point of this. The community needs to give us ideas on what it wants.

"This website is for ALL members not just a couple who complain"

If you see this as "complain",then you never get feedback from other members.

Just need more information. Who do you consider models? What do you consider profiles? I take it that this is for members to post into?

We just need to know a bit more so we understand what we are creating so we know best how to do it. Maybe a demo post here somehow. Should it be a sub forum of this one? A forum of it's own?

I'm just going to sit back and be entertained.

Wow. There is a God! Praise em!

Finally! and take deap breaths.

In through the nose, out through the mouth. Bring that heart rate down a tad!

You mentioned a forum. But what area did you want it in? Do you want it to be a separate forum on the same "Level" as the "Den" in the "Discussions" area? Or a sub forum of the Den for instance? Or in a new category altogether rather than being under discussions. "Model's Fashions" for instance with the forum under that? Those are the questions I was talking about. I've no problem at all with your idea and you are well qualified to take part in that. It certainly sounds like a good idea!

I just don't know how to create it for you without knowing where you want it and that sort of thing. I expect you want a GAllery album for it as well? Rather than photographs simply under the fashion title. So what area of the GAllery were you thinking of? Once we know the answers to these questions it only takes a very small amount of time to create it as you know. I just don't understand where you want it right now.

W