Fox farm

Francoise1970

This is really an objective video about fur farming unlike the lurid ones form peta for their propaganda.

The foxes live a life similar to other productive livestock like cows and pigs. There is nothing bad about that and for the procut of nice fox fur it is worth it.

Also, the foxes' remains will be used in the production of dog food, usually. so nothing's wasted.

That picture "here is the rest of your fur coat" is so untrue, when an animal is killed for one of its products, legislation DEMANDS EVERY SINGLE BIT is used. So there is no "fox dead body" left behind of your fur coat. it's all processed. She should hand you some sack of dog food, some shirt buttons made of bone, etc.

• 7 months later...

I don't disagree with the statements made by others but I still feel sorry for the fox being dispatched in such a way. If the method is humane why is the video blacked out when the animal is electrocuted? I accept the fact this task must be done to provide us with the furs we love. I wish more people wore fur but I will always be aware of the beautiful animals that must give up the ghost for our comfort and warmth.

I grew up learning that killing (a word fur lovers should not avoid, if we're honest) a living thing is an act that must be undertaken with the greatest sense of respect and awareness. The halibut, the caribou, the birch tree, the wolf, the chinchilla, whatever, had a life before you came along and dictated that its life should end so that you could derive a benefit. I'm not advocating that we should all feel a sense of guilt at enjoying a fur or a steak or broccoli or any other live-origin product; it is the general theme of life on Earth that living things derive benefits from the deaths of other living things. What I would advocate for is a sense of appreciation, and even admiration, for the organisms that we kill. By all means, enjoy your salmon, revel in your fur, etc., but do not forget: the origin of those products was an organism as alive and thriving as you are at this moment. I don't think shame or horror have a logical place in the application of this realization, though some (like PETA) would contradict me. I can balance my stances as an environmentalist and as a fur lover because I acknowledge nature, and my place in it.

well, I passed thru the thinking that fur was only a fabric (like cotton), then when I started to surf around the net I had my dreams shattered with a shocking video being the second link I ever saw about fur (not an easy thing to forget when you see some of it at 11 y/o). then, I started to... kinda hate myself, for liking fur and meat and etc. and then, I'm on a phase that... I well aware where my coat from, and how it's made, and... I'm ok with that. still liking the animals and fur (sincerely being labeled as hypocrite doesn't affect me anymore - at some extent, we all are, independent the reason - it's some of the things that makes us humans after all). since the start of the humanity, animals were used as a resource, and giving an use to the animal parts it's ok, we all use, knowing or not (and the thing about "why like one and don't like another" is just pathetic - nobody loves everybody, and you simply don't care about things you don't have emotional attatchment for).

the thing that catch me at night is about a smart use of the resources, and the administration of it. but that thing aside, I'm happy as ever with my furs, without any remorse.

• 6 months later...

People just get crazy with nothing! That's my position on this subject.

I used to be ani fur, I didn't eat meat, I was against fur and leather and in the end I was always all pro animal wellfare. In the end I got anemy.

A few years latter I found the pleasures of fur and ever since then something changed, I started eating meat and even going to see bullights! Now... I need animals to give their skins. Sorry PETA, but I need my furs!

well, I passed thru the thinking that fur was only a fabric (like cotton), then when I started to surf around the net I had my dreams shattered with a shocking video being the second link I ever saw about fur (not an easy thing to forget when you see some of it at 11 y/o). then, I started to... kinda hate myself, for liking fur and meat and etc. and then, I'm on a phase that... I well aware where my coat from, and how it's made, and... I'm ok with that. still liking the animals and fur (sincerely being labeled as hypocrite doesn't affect me anymore - at some extent, we all are, independent the reason - it's some of the things that makes us humans after all). since the start of the humanity, animals were used as a resource, and giving an use to the animal parts it's ok, we all use, knowing or not (and the thing about "why like one and don't like another" is just pathetic - nobody loves everybody, and you simply don't care about things you don't have emotional attatchment for).

the thing that catch me at night is about a smart use of the resources, and the administration of it. but that thing aside, I'm happy as ever with my furs, without any remorse.

holly molly I did had some rage in my hands when I wrote this D:

and quite a change, i must say vox

Why rage red_fox?

Mind you, you're from Brasil, but I don't know how is that possible to love fur there, being such a hot country.

Why rage red_fox?

Mind you, you're from Brasil, but I don't know how is that possible to love fur there, being such a hot country.

mostly the way and the words I wrote, but the opinion still the same.

I live in a colder city, but still, I have little to none clue about how I end liking fur. at least rabbit are pretty easy to find here :pp

Like Red Fox, I had no Idea where fur came from but there was NO internet. I learned first hand that the animal must die for us. My world changed when I seen a fur cape made from whole foxes. When I seen the heads, paws and fluffy tails dangling from a lady it was obvious to me the foxes don't survive. I think I felt every emotion possible but the most shocking to me was bewilderment. Sympathy for the fate of the foxes was not nearly enough to stop me from enjoying a sensual, soft heartwarming introduction to the word of fur. Dare I say how unfortunate for the fox to be cursed with such a beautiful pelt that we breed them for it. My sympathy melts away when I think of the warmth, luxury and joy they will provide for people.

I"d love to tour one of those after the pelts have ben farmed.

You would like to visit a fox farm? Or do you only like to have the pelts?

There's actually a fox farm in Wisconsin a little north of me I've been meaning to visit. I'll have to find out where exactly it is though, I can't really remember.