FFG name for sale

Guest MizzSpark

I think this has just become one of the kookiest sagas I've encountered for a while.

I'm guessing the next thing that will be up for sale will be the movie rights to the whole soap opera that is/was FFG???

Unbelievable....

From what I see in a WHOIS search on the domain name, I think the registration of the domain expired and somebody grabbed it and is trying to make some money re-selling it. Personally I doubt anybody would pay more than $10 for the domain.

It seems like the same ebayer trying to sell it that was selling furs used in fursluts.com videos while cookie the site owner was missing in action. I doubt anyone would buy those websites for those prices but if they would have kept the content and sold it with the content, they might have gotten some buyers. It's a shame they didn't warn anyone because there could have been a crowd funding to keep the site alive.

...if they would have kept the content and sold it with the content, they might have gotten some buyers.

The way I'm reading it, they are only selling the domain name, "furfashionguide.com" but none of the content. I agree. If the content went along with the domain, they would have a sellable product. In fact, they probably could get a lot more than the €2,500 asking price if the content was included.

It's a shame they didn't warn anyone because there could have been a crowd funding to keep the site alive.

I have seen other website owners who have auctioned off their entire websites, either because they couldn't afford to keep them going or because they lost interest. Selling/auctioning an entire site would be a good way to keep it going for the benefit of all.

Selling just the domain name doesn't make a lot of sense. When another person uses that name, the former identity goes along with it. If that person doesn't want to be associated with the former site's identity, they will be unlikely to buy for fear of association. Let's imagine that the next person who wants that site is running a commercial fur business. They might not want to be associated with the fur fetish identity that FFG had.

Unless a person wants to spend his own time and money developing another fur fetish website the domain name "furfashionguide.com" doesn't have a lot of value. Even if you want to pay that much for a domain name, considering all the time to bid, buy and transfer a domain name, it would be much cheaper and easier to just make up another domain name.

In the long run, domain squatting doesn't make a lot of sense.

It seems like the same ebayer trying to sell it that was selling furs used in fursluts.com videos while cookie the site owner was missing in action.

It's definitely the same seller

Remember that the seller of the domain name does not have the copyright for most of the FFG content. Selling this would be highly illegal...