Any old FFG data?

White Fox

Folks, it is looking more and more like our friends at the old FFG forum are not going to be able to make things return. Not quickly at least.

Please let us know if you have any information/data from there that should be saved here. If so do you need a special area to put it in for instance?

We are doing our best to make this site look better for all and are gradually getting there.

We will gladly help to preserve any information from their old site that we can.

Thanks all

White Fox

Panther you have hit the topic here EXACTLY! I think we should capture some of those pages for the future. I would not want to actually post them here in full view yet in case they return. But would someone have the time to do some page captures please? 10 if you wish. or 50 if you wish. Or even more. We have lots of room here in the Gallery. I wish I had time but with administrative duties here right now I just don't. But I do truly believe that this is information that we should be saving for the future. We have the photographs here from the old fur twins site as you have seen. But I so wish we had saved some shots of individual pages too.

Again, this is a fantastic project if someone would take it on. We can work together to work out how best to do it. Plus if anyone else has any great ideas like this we would love to hear them as well.

White

I have a suggestion of what to do in the interim. If any of the members here use massive bulk archival software just download as many pictures as your computer will allow and them post them here. I doubt this archive will last on its own. I can do it too but It will have to be manual uploads/downloads

If you do that maybe someone (you Panther?) could kind of coordinate things just a bit. Instead of everyone starting on page 1.

Sure I'd be happy to help. I'm not really sure how I am supposed to coordinate things though on this end. Can't members just upload pictures themselves? It's not like there is any raw metadata that needs to be processed and even if there was that sort of thing is a little out of my wheelhouse.

Yes, they can Panther. But with NO co-ordination, then you will have maybe 10 copies of one photograph and none of others.

However, I think that the information is gone now from the site as you suggested. So we have lost an opportunity here. Unless a number of people have information listed in a certain way, then probably there can be no coordinated effort now.

But if you still want to go ahead, we should figure out a way to save photographs from FFG for instance into an area of their own. Let me know. We could open a new area similar to Mr M and Fur Twins in our Gallery.

W

Alright then. I guess I'll coordinate things on this end. If anyone wants to contribute send me a pm with as many pics as you can in zip form and I'll take it from there.

• 1 month later...

Please note that members hate sticky messages so I am removing that here. However, this was certainly a good idea. If you have any data from the old site please let Panther know so he can place it on this site himself or ask for help of others to do that.

This message is no longer sticky, so will now gradually scroll down under many other posts.