Mobile Browsers

sensualfur

Responsive - probably not. But we are looking for a mobile device friendly style that would improve formatting on smart phones and the like.

We can install a mobile-friendly theme to the forum. In fact, IIRC, the "Fisubice FD" theme is mobile friendly.

Try it out and see if it suits you.

It is possible to make the forum detect a mobile device and switch to a mobile theme but, if you use a desktop/laptop computer, it might cause conflicts when you go back and forth between mobile device and computer.

Further, there is Tapatalk. https://tapatalk.com/

Tapatalk is a free app that you use on your mobile device which you can use to access any forum that has Tapatalk enabled.

I have asked whether people want us to enable Tapatalk for the Fur Den but have had little response.

It would take some work to install it and get it running but I would do it if there is interest.

Up to this point, there doesn't seem to be enough interest to make it worthwhile but, if you like, I'll count this as a vote in favor.

I use it for another forum, too.

Tapatalk can issue push notifications so that, when a new message comes in, your iPad will ping you.

I'm not sure if it's cause I'm in Canada or using an iPhone 6 but I seem to be able to use the mobile site without any problems. What are the big differences people have noticed?