chat

sable1

Depends on what you mean. If you are looking for a private chat between two people that can be seen by no one else then it is not possible.

But if you are looking for a chat that others might see and join, then yes it is possible. However one of the things I am hoping we might accomplish here soon is to change the way our chat works.

The problem is that it does not have an indicator on our forum page for instance to tell when someone is in there. There is another small problem that you need to "Reload" once in awhile while you are in there waiting.

To use it...

1. If you go to the Pub, you will see a subforum called Chat Scheduling. So, for now until we improve this, you can leave a message in that forum saying that you are heading to chat for awhile. Then, if another person sees that forum is used, they can head to chat as well as they will know you are there.

2. You will see "Chat" on the tool bar at the top of our pages right under our main Fur Den logo sign. Click.

3. Just stay on "Fur Den" chat. Once in awhile reload.

Again, I am hoping to improve this VERY soon. Just that our older members never used it much, so it was not a high priority. However, We DO realize that the chat at the Fashion Guide was used a great deal, so we need to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Again, our tech fellow is recovering from severe health problems, so we need to give him a lilttle bit of time on a few issues.

Thanks all

W

NO, Mods cannot read PM's.

Tech minded admins can, but I would skin 'em alive if they did that! We just don't like doing such things here.

So you know, I could do it if I knew how but I don't know how. I have the clearance as owner, but not the tech ability. I am not tech minded enough.

W

PMs ARE basically private.

Because they are stored in the database, there is the possibility for techs like myself to read them, but it is VERY VERY difficult involving multiple searches through the data in several tables to locate any specific PM's text. Thus it is NOT worth the effort and considered a total waste of time.

Curious when i first came your site and started using chat it listed who was on line last couple days that has disappeared aany ideas why

Curious when i first came your site and started using chat it listed who was on line last couple days that has disappeared any ideas why

Our Chat has NOT changed in well over a year. It will list who is in what chatroom, if there are users in chat, but I am unaware of it not listing current chat users unless they are possibly in a private chat. To be honest I have not used our chat for many months and have forgotten many of the details of how it works. I am currently looking for a newer possibly better chat software package, but it could be several weeks before any changes are made to chat.

Ok fiqured out what did wrong and has the list again but now has another problem alot people get booted by no flood and they not posted that quick anyway fix that

As there seems to be some confusion with chat, I looked up an old topic in the Info Zone forum that lists commands available in chat and made the topic a sticky, The title of that topic is "Chat is back".