Fur: has a new generation shrugged off the old stigma?

coyote 1

• 1 month later...

I think when confronted with a question of fur's morality, as the site's poll shows, a lot of people still reject it. However, I think this is just residual brainwashing from the PETAphiles telling people what's politically correct. When shown fur in a context other than "morality", and are simply presented with the ideas of fashion or beauty as they should be, I think people are much more supportive. In the context of celebrities and fashion, where fur should be showcased rather than in some animal rights bullshit video, young people are overwhelmingly positive in there views of fur. For example, here is a post I made to r/JenniferLawrence, a subreddit devoted to the starlet.http://www.reddit.com/r/JenniferLawrence/comments/31h35b/jennifer_lawrence_wearing_fur/ I specifically referenced Peta and supposed "cruelty", but when shown draped across the body of a hot celebrity like Jennifer Lawrence people couldn't help but agree with fur. The post was upvoted by 84% of those who voted on it, showing clear majority support for fur. Celbs like j-law, j-lo, Kim Kardashian, and Miley Cyrus will all help the new generation to shrug of stigma.

I'm not for PETA but I definitely believe in anti-cruelty to animals. You can love fur and animals both in the same stroke. But some people I've encountered are just sadistic and almost psychotic it would appear when they think of wearing fur and how to treat animals. I don't believe in poaching animals that are endangered or only hunted for sport not for food but only to be a mantle piece. But I definitely believe it's okay to buy mink coats/chinchilla etc... So long as it's either coming from Europe/USA. I don't really trust many other countries in the process of fur farming.

I'm not for PETA but I definitely believe in anti-cruelty to animals. You can love fur and animals both in the same stroke. But some people I've encountered are just sadistic and almost psychotic it would appear when they think of wearing fur and how to treat animals. I don't believe in poaching animals that are endangered or only hunted for sport not for food but only to be a mantle piece. But I definitely believe it's okay to buy mink coats/chinchilla etc... So long as it's either coming from Europe/USA. I don't really trust many other countries in the process of fur farming.

"It's cruel to kill animals for their fur, except for mink and chinchilla. Then it's okay."

Your statement in a nutshell. So, do you purposefully attempt to be hypocritical, or is it just an accident?

Well farmed animals or controlled hunted, so that neither makes any species endangered, like when we use other animal products, is the way to do it.

As for the treatment of animals in other countries, guess which group mainly spreads those reputations? Actual fur farmers around the world insist that treating the animals poorly, which includes blatantly brutal harvesting, is NOT a cost saving measure and hurts the value of the pelts more than it saves.

Well being from canada our country was founded on the fur trade So most animals suffered in fur traps and most fur farms are cruel is part of owning a fur That being said love naked women in fur and well i dont care where the fur came from give me more naked women in fur

The biggest issue for the use of fur has to be the constant repetitive rhetoric associated with animal euthanasia and how it is portrayed.

If PETA spread old out of date messages, then hopefully over time, correct upto date information becomes the norm, not this 'animal

skinned alive' stuff.

It's also an imperative to make sure all farmers practice good animal husbandry. We all know a well looked after animal produces a better coat. What

is not needed is the recent issues of poor farming practices at a farm in Canada that then hits the headlines portrayed as the 'norm'. This sort of stuff is 'gold'

for PETA and if we take away their ammunition then can try to fire blanks but they look stupid.

I think its also a good idea to help friends / family buy furs to use. Ebay has made it wonderfully easy to get a fur coat at a reasonable price. Not to

put a spoiler out there, but good quality mink coats at a great price are the norm from Germany....I just wish I could bid more often. Some of them are amazing.

(If you want to look, remember mink is a different word in German).

If we promote and see more older coats, newer furs will also flourish.

Auzmink