furs on TV (Desperate Housewives) (Seinfeld)

Guest manywonderfulfurs

Hello.

Can anyone identify the fur that Elaine's boyfriend wears on an episode of Seinfeld? The fur gets lost and is found by Newman, the creepy mailman.

Also, Bree van de Kamp, the Martha Stewart-esque housewife on Desperate Housewives, is seen in at least two episodes wearing/carrying fur. In the first one, she is wearing red lingerie and a fur coat. Was this mink? In the second, she passes out on her front lawn after a night of solo drinking in a restaurant. She carries with her what looks to be a wrap. Is this mink as well?

Thanks.

Vince

I'm thinking it was probably a fake mink. My favorite fur episode of Sienfeld involved George dumping Jerry and Elaine for a very hot lady in what appeared to be a fox (yeah, it too was probably fake). The woman and Elaine got into an argument over wearing fur. George had enough common sense to leave with the babe in the fur! Good Stuff!!!

FLinFL

the coat in seinfeld was i believe was real, but haven't seen it in a minute... mink might be right. i have seen a decent amount of real fur on that show... thinking particularly of the clown/opera episode where elaine and jerry are in line outside and the women in the line seem to be in quite a bit of real fur... older episode of course.

All,

One of the episodes of Desperate Housewives is on Channel 4 tonight here in the UK; it's from the second series and features Bree in a red dress and lovely sable stole.

I've also seen some previews of series five of Alias on cable TV here which shows a brief clip of Jennifer Garner in a gorgeous looking black fur coat, perhaps fox or fox trim. I'm not a follower of the show but have any of you seen this episode or know where it comes in the series run?

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Mr Lynx,

Not sure; Ms Garner definitely has blonde hair in the very brief clip but it's a close-up so I couldn't tell anything about the background. I think there may have been another brief fur/fake fur scene in that series trailer (for Bravo; it's airing on Sunday nights here) but it didn't stand out to me as much as that black fox did.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Mr Lynx,

Could well have been; that coat looks like mink and I thought the fur collar (at least) was a thicker fur - but looks nice anyway.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Mr Mockle,

You said that the pic u say was during season 5, and that she had blonde hair. Do u remember anything else? Like if it was a promo pic? or was it from an episode?

Mr Lynx,

Yes; it was definitely a scene from one of the shows from a trailer for the final series (which I believe is the fifth - although maybe not).

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Mr Lynx,

Yes - and possibly slightly longer and straighter than in the photo you linked to above.

Regards,

Mr Mockle