STilil short on finances...

White Fox

All...

Just a reminder that we are still VERY short on finances here. The Den will disappear in a VERY few months if we do not have sponsors to help us out. Our administrators do contribute here. AND many members already have. But we do still need more help. We just cannot do this ourselves. We have a good portion of the finances needed now, but we still need a bit over $400 to continue. It is hard to give an exact amount as amounts very by month due to different discounts given from time to time.

I truly believe that every one here has the desire to see this place keep going. We are not looking for massive numbers of people to give us large amounts of money. But just think how much it would mean to us if you just gave us the price of maybe four cups of coffee per month, or even just $10 if you cannot afford more. YOU can help keep this place going and I truly believe that ALL of you want to. Or we can just wait to see it disappear. Folks you have the keys to that right now.

I want to stress that there has NEVER been a cent of money go into the pockets of any staff member here and there will NEVER be. It simply goes into the upkeep of our site paying for the server time to keep a site like this going. In fact if the site were to go down for some reason we would try our best to return the money not used to anyone who was in that situation.

So please folks. If you can afford to help us out please do. Think of the hours of pleasure that you get from this site. That can continue on. And I truly believe that it will! BUT if you just stay in the background and do nothing, then it will die like so many others have. It is your choice right now! For the price of just a few cups of coffee per month for a year by a number of people you can save the Gallery, the Wiki, the Forums. Or you can just sit and watch it die and wonder after why no one ELSE give to it when you didn't.

White Fox

If FFG goes away - you may get a whole load of people. Would hate to see this place go too.. It's been around forever.

Two comments here.

First off I want to thank those folks who have recently given to us. It really means a lot to know that this site will be surviving for the long run if more folks will join in.

Secondly though. Yes, we want to be around if their site goes down to help them in any way possible. But I am REALLY and Truly hoping that it does not! All of them have put a lot of work into that site. We have a whole lot of pride in this site. As they have with theirs. So, I know what it would be like to see this one go down not for me, but for all of you folks as well. I hope that it is a home for you here to come and relax, and I am sure that theirs is just such for many of their members there!

Amen to that. I'm on both sites and they're both great and have a lot to offer. It'll be a shame if either goes down because they've both been around for so long and are staples of the community.

White Fox,

I would be very sad if this place were to go. I freely admit to not being a frequent visitor, I come and go as life gets busy at times and throws things our way that get in the way. But, when I do come back to the Den, it has always been here.

I remember when I found it, 16 years ago, on a computer in the University Library. That was when not everyone had a computer at home, and I remember looking over my shoulder all the time to make sure no one saw what I was looking at.

And thanks to this community, I now don't care what other people think. When its cold, I wear fur out if I go for a walk in the evenings. I had the courage to share my fur passion with my wife, when previously I had hidden it from my girlfriends and when they found out, they thought I was just weird. But having the courage to share from the beginning, and read about how other people have shared their passion for furs with a partner, really helped me.

Through finding out about Ebay sellers here, I have bought my own furs, and now own 4 coats, 3 foxes and a racoon.

I'm sure that there are many quiet members on here who will be just as sad to see it go as the more common posters and vocal members. So people, lets get together and save this wonderful place, so that there is somewhere for us to come back to when we need our fur fix.

White Fox, maybe you could put up a quick link for people to donate through. I have donated once before, but cannot remember howt o do it again sorry.

Two VERY important messages for everyone here!

1. I've generally tried to keep up with sending Thank You messages here for folks who donate but due to health reasons I have missed a few so I will do it here so that I know that I do not miss anyone. I really want to post a HUGE THANK YOU to ALL who have donated here! As mentioned on our index page it means so much to us now for what You have done for us. You will notice that I never mention that I own this place. That is because it is "Owned" pretty much by all of You! If it weren't for You people donating to us and secondly posting here the Den would not exist! It would have been gone years ago! It is your donations that give this place it's chance to live. It would die of starvation if not for your help. It costs so much to run a place like this as all of you know.

Secondly it is your posts that give our little home it's life blood and truly it's reason for living! We could not exist if not for You. And we must Thank You once again for your donations here. They mean so much to us!

We are still short on finances here though as mentioned, so if you can afford to help us out please do. Samurman is the latest here to send us a donation. I did not have time this morning to check to see if any others have since those others recognized on our index page. If I have missed anyone please forgive me. I only have a few moments to type this message.

2. I just want to mention once again that both AKCoyote and I have been "Rather Down" health wise this winter and although we are getting back, we are still slowed down somewhat. We do need to do a site reload here, so if anyone has the experience to do that please let us know. We do realize that we are asking for a job that is a bit of work but the rewards of a job well done in return are really great! We will be truly thankful if anyone can help us with that project right now.

***So once again. Thank You to all who have helped us here. It truly has meant so much to know that this place can hopefully live on in the future if a few more people will help out. And again, please realize that NONE of this money goes into MY pocket or the pocket of ANY other staff member here. Every penny given here is used to pay for our web space that we so badly need. Even AKCoyote and I are giving to make this happen as are You but we can only give so much. FrBrGr has given so much in the past. If we all work together we can make this place work! And I truly hope that we can!

White Fox