Movie fur scenes: Snowpiercer

MrMockle

All,

Those of you into sci-fi - and of course fur! - might enjoy the film Snowpiercer.

Originally released in South Korea in 2013, it is being trickled out in various countries this spring and summer: due for US release in late June and surprisingly I don't see a UK release date listed on IMDB. A multinational production and cast directed by Bong Joon-ho and starring Chris Evans, John Hurt, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Ed Harris, Song Kang-ho and Go Ah-sung among others, it is about the last human survivors travelling around the frozen Earth on a special train.

In addition to being a pretty good film I thought, there are a few fur scenes in the movie too. Tilda Swinton (portraying a sort of wicked Northern English governess although not at her most physically striking) again wears fur for a few early scenes, in a whiskey brown mink coat. There are some scenes later in the film of other train passengers wearing a variety of real and fake fur coats and stoles, and during the final scenes the lovely Korean actress Go Ah-sung wears a huge hooded coyote or wolf coat.

A nice gem of a film I thought.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Well, it sounds like it might be interesting. Have to keep an eye out in the local listings, but with my record of getting to the theater (even for movies I want to see) it may end up being seen via netflix.

Sounds like a cool movie! Would love to see pics of Go Ah-sung in her fur if anybody have more patience with Googles pic search than me.

Aldhissla,

I think there might be a few darker images of her in fur in some publicity stills but nothing from those final scenes, where she and the coat are in perfect light. Maybe a search under her Korean name/alphabet will prove more fruitful, or some making-of documentary or extras on a DVD will have some better clips/pics. Might be the end of the year though before a US DVD release.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

• 2 years later...

Necrobumping this to add an awed "wow" for Go Ah-sung and whatever coat that is. Just when I thought hoods of this sort were a dying breed...a few extra thumbs up for the generous sizing. In my mind that's just the right size for her; she wears it really well, despite the movements the scene calls for.

So the clip is re-scored independently, but at least the stunning visuals are untouched and very striking.

My cable provider has been running it for a month. I thought it was good, and a little fur goes along way with me!